Bug Kodi Crashing loading Bluray ISO with Java menu under Windows 11, Windows 10 works
I have read the issues about the latest Java versions causing problems to libbluray and hence playing Bluray isos with Java menus.
Under windows 10 it is sufficient to use an older Version of Java. I have an older Version of Java installed under Windows 10 and it works there. Kodi would play the Bluray wth menus.
But under Windows 11 I keep getting crashes even if I point the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the older Java directory.
Does Kodi determine the Java installation by looking after JAVA_HOME or some different way. Bacause I have also the latest Java version installed on Win 11.

For VLC it was ok if I just use this workaround, but for Kodi it obviously isn't.
I use Blu-Ray iso's with Java menus using Windows 11 and Kodi v.20 Nexus.  They work perfectly - 2k and 4k titles.  Your problem is DO NOT use the latest Java version.  Uninstall it from your Windows 11 apps and settings.  Only use Java JRE 8u321 version.  Turn off updates for it in its Java settings menu.  If for some reason you accidently update it, delete the update from apps and settings again, but retain Java JRE 8u321.  I've seen this complaint before and the workaround was to replace some Java files in the newest Java version installation but that did not work for me at all - using the older version did.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
As I said, I have Java JRE 8u301 installed in a different localtion from my Win 10. And I point the WIN 11 JAVA_HOME environment variable to it.
This works fine and is sufficient for VLC.
Why not for Kodi?
Hi Friends, I am also facing the same issue on Nvidia Shiled Pro - Playback of Bluray failed The Menu of this bluray is not supported.

Any thoughts as how to resolve this issue please ?
It is probably enough to integrate libbluray 1.3.2
Don't know when that will happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashing loading Bluray ISO with Java menu under Windows 11, Windows 10 works0