v20 Kodi - Export Library Feature - Request to have more controlled selection of material
When using KODI Settings > Media > Library > Export Library ... This feature encompasses action on two libraries Movies and TV Series simultaneously. *I suggest these be separated and have users select one or the other OR Both. *Also within, selecting "Export Thumbnails and fanart?" the exported output is -thumb.jpg, -poster.jpg and -fanart.jpg. I have an 18K movie library and 1500 TV Serial stored on my server. Each time I follow through with the export the "-thumb.jpg" are never my choice but I have no controls & I do need the accompanying posters and fanart. After completion of the export, I am tasked to delete an unwanted 75,000 *-thumb.jpg files. I have occasions where I only need to update NFO files, but am obligated to go through the whole backup. 
- Is it possible to have a single drop menu to select either/both Movies and TV Series, and in the same menu to select what to export, -thumb.jpg, -poster.jpg, -fanart.jpg, NFO's, AND to choose Yes/No to copy-over existing files (as is not the case).

Kodi - Export Library Feature - Request to have more controlled selection of material being exported.
(2022-09-06, 02:23)kleczerx Wrote: I do need the accompanying posters and fanart
I do agree with your observations and would parallel your request. Some of the helpful work-rounds I've developed, using an external program for grabbing the artwork & metadata asnd saving it with the media; simplifying scrapes, mostly leaves the export function unnecessary. Putting each of my sources on drives with switches (If the TV drive isn't on, I don't get anything added). Updating can be source specific and lucky enough thumbs are not a big issue with my set-up (even though my collection might be a bit larger), I rarely browse the media folders, and mostly use Nodes & Smart playlists trying to keep the cache bundle down.
Of course, music videos are also included in video export.  We already have the builtin exportlibrary2 to handle previous music export changes.  Doing the art export is a bit more complicated as the arttypes available are only known at runtime.  We also save that into guisettings for music library exports so that needs to be designed for video.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi - Export Library Feature - Request to have more controlled selection of material0