• 2(current)
Movies beginning with "The"
Okay, at least it's known. Is it on purpose? And can we put it back the other way?

-Dan
It was removed (intentionally) in r14587. I'm not sure if there was a reason other than it wasn't wanted.

I shall attempt to find out.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks.
Sinister, you said it better then I did.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the feature back?
i disabled that. it was never intended to be there. but i really dont care either way provided there is consistency between music and videos (which there is now.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Kraqh3d,

If it is only file mode, the group option shoud not be there also. But I know for sure, most people are very happy with it.
Can you put the "Ignore The" option back in maybe all file views (Videos, Music and maybe also Pictures), or a way to do this through an advanced setting in a xml file?

If you would consider it I would be very very very grateful.
Question 
Hi!

I cannot get the feature "Ignore tokens when sorting" to work in the Atlantis betas. I have tried Beta1 on Xbox and Beta2 in Windows with the same result. (Ie. "The Simpsons" will sort below "Something about Mary")

The token I want to exclude from my movielists is "The". I've made sure the <sorttokens> info is present in Advancedsettings.xml and langinfo.xml.

This feature worked fine in older XBMC-versions on my xbox.

Am I missing something here?
it only works in library mode now.
sho Wrote:it only works in library mode now.

It also only works for movies i have found, TV series names do NOT ignore the token.
Question 
sho Wrote:it only works in library mode now.

Ok, I guess someone thought that was a good idea, but for me it's not. My file structure is very organized and I don't really want to rescan 50+GB of content over wlan every time I upgrade xbmc... But sure, I'll give library mode another go. I just know that I've had this functionality since forever? It could perhaps be made as an option in a future release; "ignore tokens in library" / "ignore tokens in file listings" as separate options?

manojav Wrote:It also only works for movies i have found, TV series names do NOT ignore the token.

I can't get it to work under movies, any special setting that need to be applied on the folder? I have set content to movies (IMDB).
Ok, at least I seem to be able to export music/video libraries now, that's cool! Allright, I'll give library mode a serious run, but would still like to see token ignore functionality in folder views.
mtjerneld Wrote:My file structure is very organized and I don't really want to rescan 50+GB of content over wlan every time I upgrade xbmc...
No one is stopping you from backing up or redirecting your userdata folder to avoid rescanning.

How long can 50+GB possibly take? 1.2+TB only takes like 10hrs. :p
for the record, I would like tho see this option back under file view as well. Many people use this and I would think it is not a lot of effort to put it back. correct me if I am out of line or wrong. Personally, I never liked library mode, but with the ability to flatten my movies directory and the xbmc media companion to hand tweak .nfo files, I am giving it another try. It is superior but I always had issues with the scraper (incorrect movies, movies not found etc). with the .nfo files, I can control a lot of that. It is more work but worth it in my opinion.
mtjerneld Wrote:It could perhaps be made as an option in a future release; "ignore tokens in library" / "ignore tokens in file listings" as separate options?

I agree with this statement 100%...I absolutely hate the fact that someone decided that token ignoring should be removed from file view...Library mode is messy and annoying. File mode is clean and easy to understand an organize.
I hope this function is put back the old way. I used it and don't use library mode.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies beginning with "The"0