• 5(current)
Movies beginning with "The"
VDRfan Wrote:Yay, rule the world! Remember we're still in feature freeze so no new features will be added at this point. After the upcoming release the entire library/file views will be reworked.. so please be patient.

Are there plans to have the file view's able to show "cleaned up" names?

Example:
this...
The.Universe.s01e08.Saturn.Lord.of.the.Rings[HDTV]-LVI.avi

turns into (via RegEx magic)...
The Universe - s01e08 - Saturn Lord of the Rings.avi
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I also support the feature and don´t understand the change.
On a side note. I name my movie files like this: Movie name - DIRECTOR (Year).
When using the library and trying to get the info from Imdb it would fail. I need to remove the DIRECTOR from the file name. Is there a way of parsing that? Sending to Imdb just the name and year without having to rename the file?
Thanks.
Livin Wrote:Are there plans to have the file view's able to show "cleaned up" names?

Example:
this...
The.Universe.s01e08.Saturn.Lord.of.the.Rings[HDTV]-LVI.avi

turns into (via RegEx magic)...
The Universe - s01e08 - Saturn Lord of the Rings.avi

It already does, except the removal of group/scene tags. Honestly i dont know what the new viewmode will look like, but feel free to create a new feature request.

juanpa74 Wrote:I also support the feature and don´t understand the change.
On a side note. I name my movie files like this: Movie name - DIRECTOR (Year).
When using the library and trying to get the info from Imdb it would fail. I need to remove the DIRECTOR from the file name. Is there a way of parsing that? Sending to Imdb just the name and year without having to rename the file?
Thanks.
Just name them "movie - year.ext" and your done. Library mode will give you the director view.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have over 600 movies in my library and years ago I had to decide on a naming convention for the files. I choose to use the movie name as displayed in IMDB "movie (year).ext" and for movies with multiple files "movie (year).a.ext and movie (year).b.ext". This has the added benifit of almost always finding the correct IMDB info on a autoscan.

I don't use the library mode because I sort and store my files into catagories such as 'Children's Movies, Family Movies, Movies, HD Movies, Latest Releases, Music Videos, Documentaries'. This seems to work out well for my wife, grandchildren and guests to navigate.

Because of this was established years ago under the original XBOX with XBMC, ignoring "The" was important when trying to locate a movie. I personally hope this does become a permenant feature since I have had many complaints about it being removed from my family members trying to locate a specific movie.

Just my two cents.

Keith
The fact is that is how I want to name my files. I don't want to name them the way you want me too. Where is the freedom? I want a solution without having to change my filename. If there isn't one ok. But i just asked if there was one. Just say no there isn't.
What part of that do developers don't understand? I see people here asking for something or recommending something quite valid and the answer is: Do it like we want!
Again with library mode.. Can you see lots of users don´t like or want to use library mode? And is not that I always access my hard drives through xbmc. News flash!There are other modes to access our hard drives.Like from our computers! Is xbmc library mode going to help me there?

"Just name them "movie - year.ext" and your done". Why don't you come round and rename the hundreds files for me?Thanks.
It is like the developers don't want feedback from the users. Ideas that could improve the software coming from the people who use it. What is the problem with that?

I agree with mgboom earlier:

"I am beginning to think, the developers don't care that much about people who use their program."

VDRfan Wrote:Just name them "movie - year.ext" and your done. Library mode will give you the director view.
this is quite simple. you have three choices

1) rename files
2) implement a better system
3) stfu

whining is NOT on your list of options. sure we want feedback and ideas from our users. but that does not mean that we cannot disagree with, argue against or simply state that we find ideas useless and/or not worth the effort (this is what a lot of users seems to find hard to accept...)
It just drives me nuts that one developer doesn't use a feature, therefore decides for everyone else that they don't need it either.
someone please close this thread...
Livin Wrote:someone please close this thread...

Afraid of hearing more voices from people that disagree with what was done?

At this point, I'll probably just roll-back to a prior version of XBMC before the developer decided no one needed to filter out "The".
If you participated on this forum for more than just a few minutes every year, and we a bit more polite, you might get more positive attention... I've often been a voice that has disagreed and not been afraid to say so but I also frequent the forum.

But, this thread has gotten out of hand and is now OT...
Livin Wrote:If you participated on this forum for more than just a few minutes every year, and were a bit more polite, you might get more positive attention...

Well perhaps if all the developers didn't have the attitude of "it's been taken out, so deal with it or fix it yourself", then maybe my attitude would be better.

XBMC is an AMAZING application, and I have it on 3 devices in my house, 1 in my car, 1 in my wife's car, at 2 friends' houses, and at my brother-in-law's house. I'm a huge proponent of this application, so I just hate for 1 annoyance to spoil it.
using the application and participating/helping the community, two different things.

hopefully you'll survive this feature indiscretion...

(unsubscribing now)
mcowher: You are entitled to your opinion, and so are we.

We've explained why it was taken out, and we've also indicated that there's not much point changing it as we're planning to rewrite how the library/file mode interaction works (i.e. merge them in to one), thus making it a moot issue.

In the meantime, it's opensource, so feel free to build it yourself (trivial and doesn't cost you anything other than time) and change it to suit your whims.

This is my last comment on this issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:We've explained why it was taken out, and we've also indicated that there's not much point changing it as we're planning to rewrite how the library/file mode interaction works (i.e. merge them in to one), thus making it a moot issue.

In the meantime, it's opensource, so feel free to build it yourself (trivial and doesn't cost you anything other than time) and change it to suit your whims.

This is my last comment on this issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Fair enough. Thanks Jonathan, and sorry for my ranting.
Why are developers so rude with users?
Just have to look at this thread..
I have been using xbmc and reading the forums for quite a long time.We are entitled to an opinion even if we hadn't post 1000 times!
I won't shut the fuck off. I made a simple question and got a rude answer.
I guess being a developer doesn't mean having manners.

So you can disagree but we can't? I guess some people don't deserve feedback. Others like johnsto (developer of the BBCiplayer plugin) are open to listen for suggestions from the users.
So how can you find an idea useless when lots of people are telling you that they ACTUALLY USE that? How is that useful option useless?

It is annoying how some developers when someone comes up with a good idea and ask if it can be done...Their automatic answer is: Do it yourself!
They seem not to be smart enough to know that if we knew howto do it we would do it.

And I am not whining. I am just telling like it is about the stupid and childish attitude of some people here.

spiff Wrote:this is quite simple. you have three choices

1) rename files
2) implement a better system
3) stfu

whining is NOT on your list of options. sure we want feedback and ideas from our users. but that does not mean that we cannot disagree with, argue against or simply state that we find ideas useless and/or not worth the effort (this is what a lot of users seems to find hard to accept...)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies beginning with "The"0