introducing SUI
mand I like the clean looks of it, really hope some-body can finish it. Loving the side-menus..
if no-one else picks this up I do intend to eventually get back to it someday if only for my own usage. I've just started a new job and moved house though so I have bingo free time right now (I'm posting this at lunchtime lol)

for now though a couple of tips for anyone trying it out:

try pressing right from any of the homescreens main buttons i.e Videos, Music etc.

goto settings -> custom and you can set background folders for the various entries in the home screen aswell as the backgrounds for the various subsections.

have fun kids!
Great skin Freddo, I tried this out over the holiday weekend and it delivers simplicity! Hope progress moves forward for this project.
just a bump, hope one of the talented coders can step in and finish this beautiful start to a great skin. Lets bring this one home guys, few skins out there can compete with this vision of simplicity.

I wish I could code, I would live to help out...
Jarod the skinning engine is not actually that tough, I taught myself most of it in just a few weeks and you can certainly be making meaningful progress in just a few hours. It's much more akin to html than it is to a programming language.

The best way to get started is basically, take a backup of the skin you want to edit, then get stuck in and make some edits, you'll get some wrong, you'll get some right, but by trial and error you can very quickly pick up how the whole thing works.

I'll be happy to answer questions and tutor anyone who wants to work on SUI, I just sadly don't have time to do it myself just now Blush
Really hate to see this skin die.
Maybe somebody know has the time to continue the development?
Anyone?
Does this skin only work with XBMC 9.04? I ask because I'd like to see if I can continue work on this beauty, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the large title font to appear. If I change the font to "file_name" the title text appears but is the same height as the year and artist text. I'm running Win XBMC latest SVN, which could be the problem. Before I go installing the official release, I just want to make certain that the old screenshots in the music section were an accurate reflection of how the skin actually looked in its alpha stage. Thanks for this wonderful skin, which I hope I can learn skinning from.
Wow, I had completely forgotten about this. Best of luck to you in bringing it up to date!
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thanks for bumping this tread, it introduced me to what is an awesome concent and probably 80% complete skin. I think I'm up to the challenge and have started working on finishing things up, making a few changes here and there. I'll post more when I get something I feel closer to prime time.

Thanks guys for this awesome start.
That's great news, blacklist. Thank you!
Wow cool, sorry I'm not sure whats breaking the fonts, but I do remember the music section had basically two views, one was a big album type view, with 3 icons scrolling horizontally, and the other was just a list view. I had planned to eventually also add an 8x2 grid scrolling horizontally aswell. To be honest though I dont listen to much music so it was pretty bare bones, feel free to use some artistic license.

If you have any other questions just ask, I wish I'd had time to complete this skin and it makes me super happy someone else is looking into it!
Thank you for your reply Freddo. The font breakage appears related to the newer DL builds. I installed the most recent pre DL & DX build, and it looks great!
Is there a download for this skin available to try? I looked and didnt see one or maybe I overlooked it.

Thanks for any info and it looks great!
On page 7, third post from the bottom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing SUI0