introducing SUI
Thumbs Up 
Looks fantastic... although, "SUI"... doesnt roll off the tongue very well...
I think "Simplicity" would be an improvement! Non?

just a suggestion.

love everything else!!!! looking forward to a test drive.
...perhaps "simplis" for a name? Big Grin Just my two cent's worth!
SUI rolls of my tongue fine, I pronounce it sue-wee.

Maybe thats only because I'm an ignorant Southerner. Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Looks really nice, can't wait to try it.
I'm not too fond of episode listview but as you said, Freddo is still working on that one.
Btw i also like the name SUI, it's kinda japanese zen-like.

hahaha, you guys are already coming up with names...

let's just say that "sue-wee" and "ess-you-eye" are both fine for now...i pronounce it "ess-you-eye" myself...

anyways, there's a new preview for you ladies, enjoy!

@MikeBeecham: "simplis" sounds way too much like "syphilis," and we wouldn't want a skin named after an STD now would we... :p

@rwparris2: yay for ignorant southerners!
rwparris2 Wrote:SUI rolls of my tongue fine, I pronounce it sue-wee.

Maybe thats only because I'm an ignorant Southerner. Big Grin

can I get a yeee-haw?

I've been pronouncing it Ess You Eye actually, but people can feel free to interpret it anyway they like, I actually kind of like the sue-wee version myself I hadn't thought of it.
Smile Actually it really doesn't really have anything to do with me being a Southerner.

I used to play Magic The Gathering and there is a deck archetype named "Suicide." Then that got shortened to "Sui" (pronounced "Sue-ee," as in the first half of Suicide).

Anyways, everything is looking good guys I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
any thoughts on some kind of useable release as yet?
well, the majority of the major viewtypes are all working now, it's just all the dialogs and the OSD stuff I need to concentrate on. I've never made an entire skin all the way to release before though so I wouldn't like to speculate on how long it'll all take. Sorry! watch this space though we'll be posting progress screenshots as we have them and we love hearing everyones feedback on them good and bad.
yep, he said it all. sorry we can't give you a date. but trust me, when we release, it'll be highly usable and will have most of the major features there. we try to post a preview sheet every week, so look out for those, because they give away hints to features...Nod

and we LOVE feedback...
Looks really good.
suiweet!
If I were to choose; Sue-Wee easily over ese-u-eye

Looks really good, keep up the good work.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
re-looking at the previews already posted, I would perhaps throw out one suggestion from a design perspective....that is to see if you can get the cover reflections to fall off quicker and drop their opacity down a little. This would really make the covers stand out and give a more realistic feel.
well spotted, basically Garrett is being slow at getting me the texture for that but its definitely on the to do list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
introducing SUI0