Kore 3.0 feedback
Thanks for your reply.
I did not have the issue with the previous version.
Installed version 2.5.3 again and everything works fine again.
I will stick with the older version for now I guess
Hi All,

Just to report my (first) experience with Kore.

I have downloaded the version 3.0.0 from the Play Store on a Samsung A7 2018 with Android 10. Unfortunately the application was just crashing every time I was pressing the Test button to connect to Kodi 19.4 running on my media center PC; on Kodi there was anyway a message displayed saying that a remote device was connected. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall again the application but with the same result. I have then swapped to a Samsung S21+ 5G with Android 12 and the configuration went perfect (even if still the manual one). The nice thing is that afterwards I went back to the Samsung A7 and when I tried again the configuration everything went smooth also for it. I really don't know which could be the issue, so it is just in case you can make some trials with older versions of Android and/or different devices.

Thanks for your work!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I actually tested with some old devices (a Samsung J6 that's from 2018 if not mistaken and a Sony from 2017) and it runs well, though a bit slow (that device never was very good anyway), but i sometimes see some errors on Google Play related to connection issues that seem to occur when the address of Kodi is malformed, though i can't replicate them.
(2022-10-25, 20:20)syncd Wrote: I actually tested with some old devices (a Samsung J6 that's from 2018 if not mistaken and a Sony from 2017) and it runs well, though a bit slow (that device never was very good anyway), but i sometimes see some errors on Google Play related to connection issues that seem to occur when the address of Kodi is malformed, though i can't replicate them.
Hi @syncd, thanks a lot for your feedaback.

I honestly don't understand how Google Play can have a role once the application is succesfully installed on the device. My perception is that the problem was realted to a communication between Kore (on my Samsung A7) and Kodi once the Test button was pressed. In addition it seems that once the configuration is performed correctly on another device (i.e. my Samsung S21+), afterwards this permits also to the "faulty" devices to connect; may be there is some configuration file stored somewhere? The fact that you tested the application also on some old devices (may be with Android 10) makes me think that there is something that could cause an issue depending on the device itself...and I understand that for you is not possible to test all the devices out on the market!  Nod

Thanks a lot for your work!

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hi syncd, I'm really really impressed by your work.

It took me a moment to rediscover some features (like where the subtitles were), but overall the new layout in 3.0 is aesthetic and pleasant. However, there's one major regression that made me go back to 2.5.3. I hate the google search when I tap on an actor.

I mostly use Kore to look up actors. I mean, TV shows are generally 20-60 minutes, and movies are generally 80-180 minutes. Getting started takes no time, watching the show is where Kore gets most usage. I mostly use Kore to look up familiar faces, people I recognise but I'm not sure where from, or info on actors I do recognise.

Google provides terrible search results. I'm sure if I looked up Brad Pitt or Gal Godot, it would provide sensible, informative responses. But I know who they are, I'm not looking them up. I'm looking up lesser known Aussie and Kiwi actors (I'm in Australia), and all I get are links for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Absolute rubbish. Even Bing and DuckDuckGo provide better results.

Are you able to restore the IMDB app launch? If the app isn't installed, you could fall back on search with site:imdb.com appended to the search string? (That works with Bing, not sure what format works for google.)

Actor lookup was the single best feature of your previous versions!
In my experience the imdb link in previous versions was often broken, so IMO a generic google search is preferrable, but i can understand that not everyone shares this opinion. I would be open to a PR that introduces other search engines selectable in the settings.
Hi, I'm actually getting the sockettimeoutexception as well with the new version. I've been using Kore for a fair while now and previously it's been fine.

In my case it's a video directory with a lot of files/directories stored on a NAS exported as a CIFS share.The timeout occurs after about 7-8 seconds, and it has always taken something in the region of that amount of time to render the file list.

I use the file list as for some reason the Kodi scanned contents are useless - duplicate entries for some, others missing completely. I should figure it out some day, but I also have the contents indexed with Plex so it's on the long finger.
I like the new version but have had to revert to v2.5.3 as the 'send text to media center' text input area in the dialog box disappears when the keyboard pops up, it reappears if the keyboard is dismissed.
I think maybe that the input box is staying put when the dialog moves up to makes room for the keyboard.
Android 8.1 on Moto G5s

Where is the repeat option for playlists? If I go the movie that is playing I can repeat the single movie but I used to be able to throw on a ton of movies and just have them repeat.
(2022-10-30, 04:01)FilcKnife Wrote: I like the new version but have had to revert to v2.5.3 as the 'send text to media center' text input area in the dialog box disappears when the keyboard pops up, it reappears if the keyboard is dismissed.
I think maybe that the input box is staying put when the dialog moves up to makes room for the keyboard.
Android 8.1 on Moto G5s

This seems to be a bug in Android's libraries, as we don't have control over where the dialog box appears. It looks like it is having some issues with the device resolution.
(2022-11-30, 00:26)cmkenyon Wrote: Where is the repeat option for playlists? If I go the movie that is playing I can repeat the single movie but I used to be able to throw on a ton of movies and just have them repeat.

Your best option is to use Kodi's OSD to set the repeat, as in Kore repeat is only directly supported for music.
Hi,
when switching to PVR is there a way/an option to disable the display of channel groups so that the list of all TV channels is shown immediately without select "All channels" first?
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
Quote:Your best option is to use Kodi's OSD to set the repeat, as in Kore repeat is only directly supported for music.

That is a horrible response. Kodi's (formally xbmc) primary function was movies and music. I've had an xbox in front of every tv darn near xmbc's inception. I've followed through to today's kodi. Now the remote app drops support for queuing a group of movies.
I think 3.0 looks and works great and appreciate that you follow the material guidelines.

I do agree that a link to an actors IMDb page would be better than a Google search page. An easy way of going to the movies IMDb-page would be nice aswell. Other than that I have no complaints at all. Nice work.

If I was to mentioned some things that would be nice to have it would be the ability to use the remote outside of Kodi if you're running Android TV and functionality like recommendations or trending movies coming from TMDB or Trakt.

Thanks for an awesome app
Hi,

it seems the Toggle Fullscreen does nothing for me. Does it work for you? When I have Kodi in a window and select Toggle Fullscreen nothing happens.Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore 3.0 feedback0