• 9(current)
I have created an addon to remove all black bars, including hard coded
Thanks, will take a look
(2024-02-23, 22:52)archegon Wrote: I have released an update that added back the Android Workaround method.

Also added the ability to detect multiple aspect ratios based on online metadata.

Auto refreshing of the zoom on multiple aspect ratios media, this is toggleable in the options, but it is NOT available for the android workaround method.

osumoclement, please take a look and if everything is working fine, feel free to incorporate the updates upstream.

Latest release
New issue found while watching. Smile  I'm watching Red Dwarf, the old BBC sci fi comedy series  in my mix of shows, today an episode spun up an episode from 1997.  Now this is a series that is '4:3 but with pillar boxes because it's remuxed off a Blu-Ray', but the opening credit section is also letter boxed.  On my 16:9 screen, it cropped and zoomed based in the letter boxing in the opening, though it's pillar boxed the entire way, however this constitutes a series that'd best be played 'un zoomed' on a 16:9 screen.

So the 30 sec opening looks like this:

But the rest of the episode is like this:

I hate to say it but I'm sure continued use of this addon will lead to additional posts like these, just finding things not accounted for.  I'm sure this is far from the only 4:3 series with a 16:9 intro to make the intro 'more cinematic' even if the show itself is not.  It was a trope for a while in the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Would some kind of 'multi sample' option be possible?  As in say take 4-5 samples through the run time, and only go with the 'majority' result?  Pretty sure that's how handbrake's autocrop works.
Are you using the latest version of the add on with the multi aspect ratio support?

I tried season 1 episode 1 of red dwarf and the add on correctly detected the multiple aspect ratio, it then kept refreshing the zoom every 5 seconds.

That feature requires internet and sufficient video metadata to perform a search on imdb.

If it still does not work for you then try the episode again and include logs, I'll check it out.
(2024-02-28, 03:46)archegon Wrote: Are you using the latest version of the add on with the multi aspect ratio support?

I tried season 1 episode 1 of red dwarf and the add on correctly detected the multiple aspect ratio, it then kept refreshing the zoom every 5 seconds.

I'll get a log when I can but I found the 'refresh' function didn't do anything, it stuck with the original zoom.  I'll test a bit.

That said, Red Dwarf s1 won't work as the opening is also 4:3.  Seasons 1-4 all have 4:3 openings with no 'faked' letter boxes.  Season 5-6 do have faked letter boxes on their opening however they're also RED letter boxes so that's still just 'image'.  But Season 7 is when it starts with black letter boxing in the opening sequence and season 7 is where I'm having the issue.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have created an addon to remove all black bars, including hard coded0