• 6(current)
I have created an addon to remove all black bars, including hard coded
Hi, thanks, this is a nice addon, I like it.
But would be nice to work in android tv systems.
Im trying my firestick 4k max,Β  and nvidia shield, with kodi 20, but no luck
In my pc, in my kodi 20 works good.

Just one tipp, you can see how it works on netflix addon.

The method fromΒ  CastagnaIT works perfect all on my systems, so no black bars in netflix.

ps.: just for the record, I use quietvoid builds in my android systems.
Hi,

There currently exists a bug in Kodi Android that prevents screenshots working, thus by extension this addon too. I plan to investigate this soon, the next update should hopefully work :-)
OAR = Original Aspect Ratio.
(2023-02-19, 09:42)osumoclement Wrote: Hi,

There currently exists a bug in Kodi Android that prevents screenshots working, thus by extension this addon too. I plan to investigate this soon, the next update should hopefully work :-)
Hi, have you any news for it?
There is no bug. As discussed multiple times in this thread, it is not possible on Android and similar low-end devices.
(2023-03-03, 09:13)frodo19 Wrote: Hi, have you any news for it?
playb
As @sarbes points out, screenshots don't work on Android with hardware accelerated playback. I am still thinking of workarounds, this might take some months to implement however, due to time limitations.
Just tried it on coreelec 21 nightly and it doesn't zoom in unfortunately.
I got buttons mapped to zoom but would rather have it done automatically πŸ˜‰ Thank you anyway! 😊
Could you try with hardware acceleration turned off and see if it works?
It does work without hardware acceleration 😊
You can see script notification that it zoomed the video. But it's not possible to watch anything without it... Too weak to use software acc...

2023-05-16 17:24:52.002 T:28776 error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'IndexError'>
Error Contents: bytearray index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.black.bars.never/addon.py", line 38, in onAVStarted
self.abolishBlackBars()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.black.bars.never/addon.py", line 121, in abolishBlackBars
aspectratio = self.GetAspectRatioFromFrame()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.black.bars.never/addon.py", line 95, in GetAspectRatioFromFrame
__middleScreenDark = self.LineColorLessThan(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.black.bars.never/addon.py", line 67, in LineColorLessThan
_bArray[i] &= 0x00
~~~~~~~^^^
IndexError: bytearray index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

This is when it failed.
I have the same problem on my Homatics Box. It has to do with these small devices using OpenGLES. Apparently, OpenGLES doesn't have a way to read frames from the GPU in order to generate a screenshot, hence why it fails on hardware acceleration on but works with CPU decoding. A few posts like this say it's possible so there's hope.

I will soon try to hack something together :-)
(2023-02-19, 07:35)frodo19 Wrote: Hi, thanks, this is a nice addon, I like it.
But would be nice to work in android tv systems.
Im trying my firestick 4k max,Β  and nvidia shield, with kodi 20, but no luck
In my pc, in my kodi 20 works good.

Just one tipp, you can see how it works on netflix addon.

The method fromΒ  CastagnaIT works perfect all on my systems, so no black bars in netflix.

ps.: just for the record, I use quietvoid builds in my android systems.

Does it work for Android TV also?

addon dev - maybe possible to use this implementation?
It works on Android based systems if you disable hardware acceleration. The caveat is that you will now be using CPU to decode the media, and playback may be impacted to the point of being unwatchable. Also in my experience, HDR doesn't work unless hardware acceleration is turned on.

Your suggested solution does not work for hard coded black bars - it appears to work perfectly probably because Netflix doesn't have hard coded black bars (meaning its videos are simply widescreen).

However, your post has given me an idea that is so outrageous it just might work as a workaround for Android πŸ™‚
(2023-06-18, 15:45)osumoclement Wrote: It works on Android based systems if you disable hardware acceleration. The caveat is that you will now be using CPU to decode the media, and playback may be impacted to the point of being unwatchable. Also in my experience, HDR doesn't work unless hardware acceleration is turned on.

Your suggested solution does not work for hard coded black bars - it appears to work perfectly probably because Netflix doesn't have hard coded black bars (meaning its videos are simply widescreen).

However, your post has given me an idea that is so outrageous it just might work as a workaround for Android πŸ™‚

Excited and curious!!
Watch this space πŸ™‚
Attention Android and *ELEC users, there's a new release which enables the addon to work on these platforms with hardware acceleration enabled πŸ™‚ This requires an internet connection to work, and can be enabled from the addon settings. Also, you can now map the addon to a key for convenience, the command to toggle on/off is
Code:
RunScript(script.black.bars.never,toggle)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have created an addon to remove all black bars, including hard coded0