Win Subtitles I'm doing it wrong
Good Day,

I'm troubleshooting external subtitles not working Build 19.4
I have read the Wiki, and some some preliminary items to see if could get them work on my own, but so far nothing.
Usually, I will wait until I've tried different steps before posting for help.
I have the .srt file, and have placed the .srt file into the folder where the video .VOB's are located.
From there I renamed the .srt file VTS_01.1, because as I understand it the file names are supposed to match exactly.

I played the video, and selected the subtitles file, but the subtitles wouldn't show.
So I looked again Subtitle Settings> Enable subtitles, but the button is now off.
Then I thought perhaps the .srt name is wrong, and changed it a couple of different times to see if that would help. It didn't.

The subtitles will flash for an instant, then shut off again.

So I am doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what it may be so I am posting for aid please.

Here is what I see in the video folder:

Folder - S01E01
Folder - VIDEO_TS
(Files in VIDEO_TS folder)
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.nfo
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.srt
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

Regards,

Shane Spencer

Windows 10
KODI build 19.4

As an aside I just checked my files and they work just fine with VLC player.
Subtitles show as expected.
(I hate VLC player, and prefer to use KODI)
Why are they not working in KODI?!?!?!?!
As an aside I just checked my files and they work just fine with VLC player.
Subtitles show as expected.
(I hate VLC player, and prefer to use KODI)
Why are they not working in KODI?!?!?!?!
Let's have a debug log showing you playing a video with subtitles on. Settings>Player>Language>Preferred Language is?
(2022-10-02, 19:16)Skeauxsha Wrote: I have the .srt file, and have placed the .srt file into the folder where the video .VOB's are located.
Unfortunately external subtitles don't get automatically scanned for DVD folders. So no need to fiddle with naming and trying to save in the correct location.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/f964f6...r.cpp#L782

As for why they keep disabling after you manually enable them, I don't know. They work for me when I enable them.
Maybe a Debug Log might help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good Day,

First time posting log info, I hope I did that correctly.
eqexohodic.kodi (paste) (this one without subtitles on)

azawekibaf.kodi (paste) (This one with subtitles on)

Regards,

Shane Spencer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles I'm doing it wrong0