v19 Selecting Backgrounds from Network Sources
Dears,
when working my way through the customisation options of Amber i found no way, to change the background (Multiple images) using wallpaper pictures stored on network sources (Synology NAS, SMB Source path already entered under the Video- and Music-Library).

Is that intended? It seems like only pictures/folders from local paths can be selected.
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
Dear,
sad, that there is no feedback from the author.

Does anybody happen to know, were the source path to the defaulf Amber background pictures of can be found in kodi? I would assume that it should be possible to re-direct this path to a network source by using the pathsubstitution in the advancedsettings.xml. Anybody here having experience with that??
They are in the addons/skin.amber/backgrounds folder from the root kodi folder (which itself is one level up from your userdata (wiki) folder).

On Windows for example it's %appdata%/Kodi/addons/skin.amber/backgrounds/

Never tried to redirect it, but I just use my own custom backgrounds stored elsewhere and then configured in Amber.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-10-15, 10:47)DarrenHill Wrote: ...Never tried to redirect it, but I just use my own custom backgrounds stored elsewhere and then configured in Amber.

Thank you Darren!
Local background are not my preferred option as i usually use multiple backgrounds and not only from one Kodi/SPMC client.

I just realized that Amber states the path as special://skin/backgrounds/XXX.jpg. I will figure out if it works to redirect it using the pathsubstitution in the advancedsettings.xml.
Pathsubstitution in the advencedsettings.xlm does not help to allow the selection of multiple backgrounds from network sources.

@bsoriano : i assume that must be corrected in the skin. As media can be selected from network sources the same logic should be applied to background pictures.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Selecting Backgrounds from Network Sources0