• 36(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
mkv1080p Wrote:djh, I know you're done with most of the skin and just waiting for team xbmc to implement certain features

You do? I am?
paul Wrote:Why is that people can't wait untill it's finished.
Give Djh a break if he wants to take his time and make it as perfect as he can then
surely it's better that way.
Because it will no doubt work just fine, in my oppinion there is no point in releasing a part finished skin as most user on here will start moaning saying it does not do this or the other.

As for mediastream it was complete when they put it up on the svn. so let him finish it at his own pace Not yours.

Agree with that. Some posts are rather anoying. Especially those concerning 1080 backdrops and posters. Just wait for the release and you will see.
minimalko Wrote:Agree with that. Some posts are rather anoying. Especially those concerning 1080 backdrops and posters. Just wait for the release and you will see.

I asked about poster artwork because I have a massive library, complete with artwork, that I could start grooming *now* instead of waiting until the release.

I would assume that djh has already spec'ed out the proportions for poster artwork at this stage in the game ... and knowing what he's working with or suggests allows me to go back through and get my artwork up to snuff.
i hate to wait Sad
well, isn't team xbmc still working on media flagging support where all the cool icons can be displayed by reading the streams themselves? And so you're just waiting on that to finish before the release.

@sirreef, thanks for all the cool HD posters you put up over at getvideoartwork. It's a great site, keep it up.
mkv1080p Wrote:...release whatever you have right now and continue updating like mediastream did.
Dude...MediaStream was in development for almost 2 yeas before it was released for us to use. Duncan will release Stark when it is ready. Why would you want it before then anyways?
I see the wrong impression has got around somehow. Apologies if that's my fault, though I'm pretty sure it's not. To clear this matter up and keep expectations in check, here's just some of what needs doing before this is ready:

- almost the entire TV Shows component
- half the dialogs, including the on-screen keyboard and sources window
- half the Aeon Assistant content
- retexturing of panel views
- icons
- flag support for non-Showcase views
- file manager window
- entire login/profiles component
- Weather

That's just off the top of my head, at a time when I'm knee-deep in work. So if you think this is anywhere near ready, think again. Given that there's a lot of stuff I'm not showing until it's released, including some of the above, I'm thinking this thread has probably run its course for the time being. I'll give it a couple of days and lock it.
djh_ Wrote:I see the wrong impression has got around somehow. Apologies if that's my fault, though I'm pretty sure it's not. To clear this matter up and keep expectations in check, here's just some of what needs doing before this is ready:

- almost the entire TV Shows component
- half the dialogs, including the on-screen keyboard and sources window
- half the Aeon Assistant content
- retexturing of panel views
- icons
- flag support for non-Showcase views
- file manager window
- entire login/profiles component
- Weather

That's just off the top of my head, at a time when I'm knee-deep in work. So if you think this is anywhere near ready, think again.

*SOBS*

Holy crap. I was under the impression that it wasn't that far off due to one of the posts you'd made around Xmas where you said something to the effect of "I was hoping to have this ready sometime around NYE, but that's probably not going to be the case now."

Ah well. As much as I make Jackassey comments about not being able to wait for Stark, I'd rather see one totally complete DJH project than a half-done one that is then subsequently hacked away at by the rest of the community. Not that the old Aeon mods are bad...but there's definitely this feeling that you're still working with an unfinished product.

So, I'll wait. If there's anything I could possibly do to help, I'd be more than willing to do it.
Things have changed a bit since then, mostly involving ambition. Had I settled for the usual thing of having more or less the same views apply to all media, and were I still in the luxurious position of having 8+ hours a day to work on it, you'd probably be using it next week. It's a different beast now, though.
djh_ Wrote:I'm thinking this thread has probably run its course for the time being. I'll give it a couple of days and lock it.

Probably the wisest thing to do mate.

Why people can't accept it'll be released when it's done I don't know.
I should add that if anyone wants to have an active involvement, there are other aspects of XBMC that Aeon will use if and when they become available. Properly integrated emulator launching and game libraries are big ones, as is media flagging based on stream content. So press for those and you'll be doing yourselves a favour in the long run.
I agree with the locking of this thread as the majority of posts is about asking when the skin will be ready... if anyone has any actually significant questions to ask it's just as well to make an additional specific thread to keep everything organized and on topic.

That said I'm willing to wait, and I look forward to the skin as I wait. I agree with releasing only when it's a complete product. Media stream was basically a complete product when it was released, granted once released and more testing was done, tweaking took place. I suspect that should be the course for Stark.
That seems as good a point to call a hiatus as any, actually. Just be assured that I'm as keen to see it finished in decent time as you are to use it. Thread locked... for now.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3