• 3(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
@pletopia & Sidekick

Can you two play every 1080p stuff without judder with you Macmini? I doubt that! With high bit-rate h264/x264 material the C2D in the Macmini is simply too weak.
@Bob

Name a 1080p high bitrate movie that you don't think will play right on a 2ghz macmini C2D and I'll let you know if it does. I have loads of 1080p movies and all have played flawlessly on my macmini + plex (with just 1gb of ram).
pletopia Wrote:you do realize you could just get yourself a macmini .. and run either xbmc's mac build or better yet plex on there

Hehehe... I actually have a Mac Mini for the bedroom connected to a Plasma
Samsung 42inch but i hate Mac OS X with every fiber of my being. It is the
1st model Intel with only 512MB. I hate the Mac Mini Remote. I installed XBMC
on it but i am still using my XBOX all the time.

I will get the Aopen which in my opinion looks better and is way more configurable
hardware wise and put it in the living room on the Pioneer Kuro.

As for running Plex, i know it was based on XBMC but i have been a loyal XBMC
user since the days of XBMP and i won't change anytime soon as i think it is
THE best Media Center software bar none.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
wow looks amazing... will xpr file be unlocked, i'd like a shot at optimizing it for the xbox Smile
platanito21 Wrote:@Bob

Name a 1080p high bitrate movie that you don't think will play right on a 2ghz macmini C2D and I'll let you know if it does. I have loads of 1080p movies and all have played flawlessly on my macmini + plex (with just 1gb of ram).

Planet Earth 1x01 1080p specifically the bird scene.

Transformers, Spiderwick Chronicles, and many others. It seems the 2ghz C2D Mac Mini I have (bought in Feb, so I think it's the latest) can only play to about 20-25mbit before it starts stuttering, while blu-ray spec is 40mbit.

All in all, for the least hassle it's a great solution, but I think I will be upgrading within 3 years.
meshuga Wrote:Planet Earth 1x01 1080p specifically the bird scene.

Transformers, Spiderwick Chronicles, and many others. It seems the 2ghz C2D Mac Mini I have (bought in Feb, so I think it's the latest) can only play to about 20-25mbit before it starts stuttering, while blu-ray spec is 40mbit.

Is this using Plex (or XBMC)? Or Front Row? Vlc?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Exclamation 
Guys! Do you know what thread hijacking is? Stare
Use netiquette and follow the forum code of conduct!
Please move the off-topic discussion elsewhere!

Don't make us lock this because you con't behave Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Guys! Do you know what thread hijacking is? Stare

Good point Gamester. I offer my sincerest apologies. I was coerced into it Wink

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Quote:And no, it's not a skin for the Xbox. It's a skin for modern media software and hardware that by coincidence supports a seven year old machine. You are right about it not being the second coming, though, which is why we won't be falling over ourselves to ensure Xbox compatibility.

that's kind of sad to hear because i bet if you did a poll of all XBMC users the vast majority use it on their XBOX .. great looking skin so far tho , can't wait!! :]

hopefully xbmc.01 can downsize it for us lowly seven year old hardware users .. :]

thanx for all the hard work.
i'm even more pleased I put together my HTPC now! Can't wait to try the new version!
Gamester17 Wrote:Don't make us lock this because you con't behave Rolleyes

Is that a written British Accent? hehehe...

But seriously just the one screen we see is freakin' awesome. I too am using
AEON on an Xbox mostly but once i am done with filling the library, i will move
it to an HTPC.

BTW: for those that are having problems running it on their Xbox, make sure you
use it in 720p mode and not 1080i. 1080i takes too much memory and will just
crash your box. The only skins that work well in 1080i are the ones without fanart
support.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
I've posted some more info and screens on the first page. Again, please remember that these are images of a work in progress. There won't be the whole alpha thing this time, just two releases: Beta and Final. Don't ask for dates, though, as we don't have any. Whenever this arrives, Aeon will basically be finished.

Oh, and it's not "con't" - it's "caant". Though that tends to have a slightly different meaning around here.
As always djh_, It looks amazing. Cant wait for a release.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Nice DJH, good work as always. I seriously can't wait...

Mediastream is great and all but I want to get back to Aeon... pronto.
Emilio deserves as much credit as anyone - this is every bit a joint effort.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3