• 33(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
There is no Wall view, and I'll tell you why. The original Aeon one never worked properly, what with the empty borders and the horrendous juddering as you moved to and fro. The new Aeon recommends 1080p thumbnails which would absolutely murder that view. The wraplists and coverflows are fine as I'm using an alternative loading method, but that wouldn't be an option for Wall.

I know some skins have taken Wall and squeezed it into the screen edges, but I'm not enthralled by that solution. It's a compromise, and I'm not really accepting those this time. So when the time comes that XBMC can throw that many monster images around at a decent speed, and have them spill across the screen along both axes, then you'll see an Aeon Wall view.

Don't worry, though. You've only seen half of what the new Aeon can do.
Eagerly awaiting the second "half".... Big Grin
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |
djh_ Wrote:There is no Wall view, and I'll tell you why. The original Aeon one never worked properly, what with the empty borders and the horrendous juddering as you moved to and fro.
I never used Wall view in the original Aeon for exactly this reason so no big loss imo. It also confused both the wife and mother-in-law completely compared to the rest of the skin...
djh_ Wrote:Don't worry, though. You've only seen half of what the new Aeon can do.
This is driving me crazy. I wish this thread didn't exist and that Aeon Stark just appeared one day in all of it's glory.

p.s. I'm only half joking.

-Tom
well thats HIGHLY disappointing

first i read there is no longer widecase support .. and now wall also has been dropped ??

bah .. thats two of the main views i use .. how else am i suppose to browse a 1300+ main movie library ..
yeah when i access sub views like by genre .. recently added etc .. i use wraplist views .. but for the main one .. too large
djh_ Wrote:There is no Wall view, and I'll tell you why. The original Aeon one never worked properly, what with the empty borders and the horrendous juddering as you moved to and fro. The new Aeon recommends 1080p thumbnails which would absolutely murder that view. The wraplists and coverflows are fine as I'm using an alternative loading method, but that wouldn't be an option for Wall.

I know some skins have taken Wall and squeezed it into the screen edges, but I'm not enthralled by that solution. It's a compromise, and I'm not really accepting those this time. So when the time comes that XBMC can throw that many monster images around at a decent speed, and have them spill across the screen along both axes, then you'll see an Aeon Wall view.

Don't worry, though. You've only seen half of what the new Aeon can do.

Damn, thats a shame..thats the feature that brought me to XBMC, what with it being very similar to the high end Keliedascape!

Also much prefer it with the wallview hugging the edge of the screen, much prefer how its done in Horizonz..personaly preference though!

Cheers for the response mind you, looking forward to the release.
Still all secretive as to when its released?
pletopia Wrote:well thats HIGHLY disappointing

first i read there is no longer widecase support .. and now wall also has been dropped ??

bah .. thats two of the main views i use .. how else am i suppose to browse a 1300+ main movie library ..
yeah when i access sub views like by genre .. recently added etc .. i use wraplist views .. but for the main one .. too large

1) Mod it.
2) Use Horizonz.
3) Use MediaStream.
4) Learn the ropes and make your own skin.

You have options.
tknice1 Wrote:I wish this thread didn't exist and that Aeon Stark just appeared one day in all of it's glory.

That can be arranged, you know. Maybe we should do a poll to see if others agree. I'm not taking the piss, btw.
djh,

Your doing amazing work, don't let the eagerness of the users get to you. Take your time and make sure your happy with it, and like you said anyone else has comments or opinions can learn how to skin and insert their own options.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
djh_ Wrote:That can be arranged, you know. Maybe we should do a poll to see if others agree. I'm not taking the piss, btw.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The shear horror! Shocked

Laugh
tknice1 Wrote:This is driving me crazy. I wish this thread didn't exist and that Aeon Stark just appeared one day in all of it's glory.

p.s. I'm only half joking.

-Tom

Hush you.

djh_ Wrote:That can be arranged, you know. Maybe we should do a poll to see if others agree. I'm not taking the piss, btw.

That's a little drastic to a single negative response. I'm sure everyone that's eagerly awaiting this beautiful skin does not agree with him.
I don't think either response was a negative one. tknice1 was implying a release soon and so was djh_ .

The screens look great! btw. Eagerly awaiting a release no matter how much time. Cheers!!
I wasn't being negative, I just wanted to know if this is how people genuinely felt. I mean, there's isn't much more for me to say and I'm not sure how much is left to ask, so if you'd rather I shut up and get on with it I can do.
Kingsley Wrote:Damn, thats a shame..thats the feature that brought me to XBMC, what with it being very similar to the high end Keliedascape!

Also much prefer it with the wallview hugging the edge of the screen, much prefer how its done in Horizonz..personaly preference though!

Cheers for the response mind you, looking forward to the release.
Still all secretive as to when its released?

Honestly, i would be surprised if somebody DIDN'T post a mod to add wall view, which you could then add without sacrificing any other views due to the recent removal of the 10 view limit. You could even cannibalize a lot of code from horizons or the original aeon if you're feeling lazy.

Which gives me an idea...given the aforementioned now limitless view type capabilities, have you djh_ given any thought to a possible function to download new/extra user-created view types in-skin? Assuming the views use only default textures already included in aeon, all that would be needed is for these views to be self contained in a single includes file that could then be referenced in the includes.xml and the appropriate media windows, which I imagine an extremely simple script could add without difficulty. Even if they had additional textures it wouldn't really complicate things much. Just establish some basic guidelines for submission (ie, compatibility with widescreen and 4:3, no bugs, not total crap, etc) and I bet it would be quite popular. Just a thought!
I've thought several times about some kind of modular download feature. Not my call, of course, but that of the XBMC team. The way I envisioned it was as a truly object-orientated solution, with each mod including just the files, includes and controls that needed replacing. Then XBMC could override the existing code with any updated material.

Once Aeon's done I have three things I'll be proposing in a hopefully constructive manner. The first is the integration of emulators into XBMC, or at least enough functionality to go to the games window and just pick and play a game. That would go hand in hand with a scraper-driven game library, the website for which I'd happily set up.

The second is the feature you've described. The third is a proper fix for HD thumbnail/wraplist performance in XBMC, together with a new control for Wall views. I'm sure the team have the performance issue in mind, though.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3