• 35(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
Hauser Wrote:"Taking the piss" is a British expression, meaning kidding. In this case he's saying he's not kidding.

lol... oh leave it to those funny ol' brittish lads to say something so bloody confusing...

I noticed that British English is nothing like American English... I just started to watch the show "Skins" (which I love) and it's remarkable how often I realize that I have no idea what it is they are actually talking about...

Anyhow, back on topic...
Competes2win Wrote:lol... oh leave it to those funny ol' brittish lads to say something so bloody confusing...

I noticed that British English is nothing like American English... I just started to watch the show "Skins" (which I love) and it's remarkable how often I realize that I have no idea what it is they are actually talking about...

Anyhow, back on topic...

Ahem.... American English is nothing like British (Proper) English... have to remember where it came from Wink

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:Ahem.... American English is nothing like British (Proper) English... have to remember where it came from Wink

@competes - I was even thinking of saying something to the effect of "Don't get the British going on how we (Americans) talk. That's almost as sore of a subject as "which is the real 'football'?". Wink

Regardless of where it came from, we took it and made it better.
I think now it the best time to get back on topic, before all hell breaks loose. Big Grin

Still very excited and anxious! Been using Movie Info Plus to set all these nfo files so I won't have to depend on other sources for the movies I've done, in the future...

too bad about the bug I suddenly got where my xbmc crashes when pressing the loudspeaker icon... Sad
digitalhigh Wrote:You danged kids...I was stalking Stark waaaay before it was cool to do so. Ask DJH. Big Grin

Oh yeah? Why, back in my day we had to draw our media centre skins with crayons directly on the TV! That's right, every time you changed views you had to get up, pick up your crayons and re-draw it.

You youngsters and your fancy-shmancy skins, and your jay pegs, and your em kay vees...
just a small question:

-can stark display the current subtitle? I'm using Plex on mac, and the default skin - mediastreamer - just can't do it (or I'm missing somethingSmile

and for djh:

I've already sent you a mail, but I didn't get an answer, so I thought I'll ask it here. If you'd like, maybe you could create some backdrops form my pictures. I'd be very interested in a screenshot using the first picture - nine stairsSmile :
http://www.tijs-art.com/?#/conceptual/hardly-retouched

anyway, thanks for the hard work
@tijs: What would you rather DJH do? Finish Stark? or mess about with a backdrop in photoshop that you could doHuh??
@tijs: Didn't you create those pictures? If so, you must know how to change the resolution to 1080p?

nu1mlock
@tjis: You'll have to excuse my almost complete inability to reply to Aeon emails. I get about ten a day and I don't even have time to work on it properly at the moment.

The screens I've posted so far suggest that Aeon uses global view types for things like TV Shows, where in fact I'm working on specific views that better serve the media type. That's a long process, as is ensuring that all the little complexities elsewhere play nice together. In short, I have my work cut out at the moment.

Thanks for your continued patience. It'll be worth it.
djh...
I suggest no longer reading the posts on this forum until you are finished with the skin as it is likely distracting you. People are impatient and will pepper you to no end unless you just ignore them.

Maybe even make a stick telling people to stop pestering you Wink
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:djh...
I suggest no longer reading the posts on this forum until you are finished with the skin as it is likely distracting you. People are impatient and will pepper you to no end unless you just ignore them.

Maybe even make a stick telling people to stop pestering you Wink

So.... ignore everyone but me hey Livin? Wink ha

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I read somewhere that you suggested 1080p posters. I currently have all my posters at 1000X1500 (or a 1:1.5 ratio).

With Stark will we get rescaled posters or cropped? Is there a way in Stark so that we can set the poster ratios in the settings area (within reason of course)?
djh_ Wrote:@tjis: You'll have to excuse my almost complete inability to reply to Aeon emails. I get about ten a day and I don't even have time to work on it properly at the moment.

The screens I've posted so far suggest that Aeon uses global view types for things like TV Shows, where in fact I'm working on specific views that better serve the media type. That's a long process, as is ensuring that all the little complexities elsewhere play nice together. In short, I have my work cut out at the moment.

Thanks for your continued patience. It'll be worth it.

understood, thanks for the replySmile
djh, I know you're done with most of the skin and just waiting for team xbmc to implement certain features but why not just release whatever you have right now and continue updating like mediastream did. This way you get more bug reports and we get to enjoy your product earlier and team xbmc gets more publicity from this awesome skin. That's a win win win situation right there. Think about it.
Why is that people can't wait untill it's finished.
Give Djh a break if he wants to take his time and make it as perfect as he can then
surely it's better that way.
Because it will no doubt work just fine, in my oppinion there is no point in releasing a part finished skin as most user on here will start moaning saying it does not do this or the other.

As for mediastream it was complete when they put it up on the svn. so let him finish it at his own pace Not yours.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3