• 2(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
Looks amazing man... can't say enough about the shire quality of that screenshot... hope all developement continues along great... good luck... oh, don't think you need it...
djh_ Wrote:No, I'm not selling it. It's free and always will be.

Good to hear. Your first post almost made it sound like 2 parties were interested in purchasing it or something along those lines. Can I ask how many people you are working with now and who they are?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
freezy Wrote:I don't understand... you will put the "old" Aeon into SVN that you won't continue working on and focus your work on the "new" one? Does the NDA prohibit you putting both skins into SVN (if the skins are considered as separate, of course)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of your work, but I find the secrecy and other parties involved not very typical for XBMC...

The NDA doesn't preclude me doing anything with Aeon, nor does it have anything to do with XBMC.
djh_ Wrote:The NDA doesn't preclude me doing anything with Aeon, nor does it have anything to do with XBMC.

its apple .. they realized that front row looks like A$$

sad how all these multi-million and multi-billion companies put out media centers that look pathetic .. work pathetically while people for free can get such great stuff (*cough* microsoft, apple, netgear *cough)
I for one think it's awsome that the National Dance Association has taken an intrest in your project!Wink
joebrady Wrote:I for one think it's awsome that the National Dance Association has taken an intrest in your project!Wink

Yes. The new skin will come pre loaded with Dirty Dancing, Step Up and all worldwide episodes of So You Think You Can Dance.

The addition or removal of any media will be by submission to NDA only. Wink

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I think the business with the interested parties and NDA have to do with an interest in hiring him for his skinning talents. That would most likely mean that any work he creates would be property of this interested entity. So, to save Aeon, he is submitting it to the community after his finishing touches, and moving on to a career with his talent.

If this is the case, best of luck to you, and thank you so much for showing us what this software can do.
that true... cool
Personally, I'd just like a build of Aeon that doesn't hang every other time I go to play a movie. This "total overhaul" is great, but I sure hope that the base functionality issues get addressed too.

And the cloak and dagger stuff seems a bit unnecessary. It's a skin for the Xbox, not the newest windoze OS or something...
There is a difference between "cloak and dagger stuff" and not showing something that doesn't exist or isn't finished. Necessity doesn't come into it.

And no, it's not a skin for the Xbox. It's a skin for modern media software and hardware that by coincidence supports a seven year old machine. You are right about it not being the second coming, though, which is why we won't be falling over ourselves to ensure Xbox compatibility.
I'm not trying to be a smartas$ or anything here, so sorry if I came across like that. I really really like Aeon, so much that I did an entire overhaul on all of files in my collection.

I'm already in the process of building a HTPC so I can run Aeon better...it just sucks that the momentum the skin seemed to have before seems to have come to a screeching halt. I can understand not wanting to show things that aren't even near completion, but throw us a bone here. What can you tell us about the new version? When is there going to be some kind of beta build? This month...year...next spring?
Plus, it's easy enough to make it work on the xbox... ask xbmc.01 to optimize it for u, hahaha... hope all's well DJH... wheres my backdrop? hmmm
digitalhigh Wrote:I really really like Aeon, so much that I did an entire overhaul on all of files in my collection.

I'm already in the process of building a HTPC so I can run Aeon better...

I was a big File mode user but after seeing Aeon, i too took on the huge job
of overhauling the files in my 7 TB collection. For the past few weeks i have
been creating .nfo files for over 1300 movies and 260 TV Shows with multiple
seasons each.

All this so i can use Library mode properly in Aeon. I want to make sure that
the scrapers import the information *I* want.

I also built an HTPC but i will buy myself an Aopen MiniPC instead...

Anyway... I can't wait to see this new skin... droooool...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:All this so i can use Library mode properly in Aeon. I want to make sure that
the scrI also built an HTPC but i will buy myself an Aopen MiniPC instead...

Anyway... I can't wait to see this new skin... droooool...

-Pr.

you do realize you could just get yourself a macmini .. and run either xbmc's mac build or better yet plex on there
pletopia Wrote:you do realize you could just get yourself a macmini .. and run either xbmc's mac build or better yet plex on there

Yes, thats cheaper an I thing better.
I'm using a Mac Mini at my 42 Philips LCD. It works perfect with the includes Mac Mini Remote. And it is very quite.

Bye Sidekick
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3