• 9(current)
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand
markhoney Wrote:Hi kalda341. Is this error happening when first launching the script, or for a particular folder? If it's for the TVNZ "All Shows" folder, this has been fixed and I'm just waiting for the new version to be pulled.

The newest version also has the ability to hide non-core channels, and I've just added searching for Ziln. I've also nearly completed searching for TV3. Does anyone have a PS3? If so, can someone tell me if the PS3 TVNZ player has a search facility? If it doesn't, I may have to resort to scraping a page at the full HTML site to add searching for TVNZ.

It's upon launching the plugin.
Can you find your xbmc.log and post the error?
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
04:14:40 M: 31776768 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
04:14:41 M: 29560832 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.AttributeError
04:14:41 M: 29560832 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'
04:14:41 M: 29556736 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\video\markhoney-plugin.video.nz.ondemand-b695fd4\default.py", line 42, in ?
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id = sys.argv[0][9:-1])
File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.xbmcaddon\lib\xbmcaddon.py", line 35, in __init__
self._set_addon_info( xbmc.translatePath( cwd ), id )
File "Q:\scripts\.modules\script.module.xbmcaddon\lib\xbmcaddon.py", line 60, in _set_addon_info
self._info[ "id" ], self._info[ "name" ], self._info[ "version" ], self._info[ "author" ] = re.search( "<addon.+?id=\"([^\"]+)\".+?name=\"([^\"]+)\".+?version=\"([^\"]+)\".+?provider-name=\"([^\"]+)\".*?>", xml, re.DOTALL ).groups( 1 )
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'
04:14:42 M: 34029568 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://video/markhoney-plugin.video.nz.ondemand-b695fd4/
04:14:42 M: 34029568 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/markhoney-plugin.video.nz.ondemand-b695fd4/) failed
kalda341, looks like it's a problem with the line of code that attempts to find the plugin name from its parent folder. The folder that the plugin should install to is:

plugin.video.nz.ondemand

On your case, the plugin appears to be installed in:

markhoney-plugin.video.nz.ondemand-b695fd4

Any idea why it's installed there? Did you install from the repo, or manually? And what version of XBMC are you running, on which platform?

I may have to change that line of my code, if there's a legitimate reason the plugin's sitting in that folder.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
There's no legitimate reason for the plugin being in that folder.

With that said, relying on the folder name seems to be unwise - any reason you need to do this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That's the way github names the file when you download the source as a zip.
I do it this way as I found that piece of code in another plugin! Maybe it'll be better to just set a constant, or is it possible to query for the plugin name another way?
If all you're wanting is the plugin ID, then you know that anyway, yes, so I'd just use that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

markhoney Wrote:kalda341, looks like it's a problem with the line of code that attempts to find the plugin name from its parent folder. The folder that the plugin should install to is:

plugin.video.nz.ondemand

On your case, the plugin appears to be installed in:

markhoney-plugin.video.nz.ondemand-b695fd4

Any idea why it's installed there? Did you install from the repo, or manually? And what version of XBMC are you running, on which platform?

I may have to change that line of my code, if there's a legitimate reason the plugin's sitting in that folder.

I couldn't find the add on in any repo so I downloaded it from github and ftp'd it to my xbox, which is running the latest version of xbmc for xbox.
Great work on the new ondemand plugin Mark!

Running it on AppleTV2 using the latest nightly builds from Kevin.

Has anyone else noticed that all the TV3 streams play at faster than 25fps and skip audio? Tried the plugin on macosx and it play fine so it must be an AppleTV 2 issue. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

For the iSky url debugging do you have to have a valid iSky login?
kalda341 Wrote:I couldn't find the add on in any repo so I downloaded it from github and ftp'd it to my xbox, which is running the latest version of xbmc for xbox.

That's probably your problem then.
zeman, yes you'll need an iSky ID to play around with the iSky site. You just need to be a Sky TV NZ customer to be able to sign up for an ID.

jmarshall, I've added a config file for everything that needs to be set for the plugin, including the plugin ID - so this should be working no matter what the parent folder name for my next release. Any idea how much work it'd be to write a plugin that works for the old XBox versions of XBMC? How much have the xbmc parts of plugins changed? Can I write a plugin that would just work for both, or maybe have a setting in the config file that sets whether it's being used with an XBox?
No idea regarding xbox - it really depends on how much stuff they've merged over.

nzonscreen.com would be another great source to add. Heaps of fabulous local content.

The explore page has very structured html that could easily be screen scrapped.

http://www.nzonscreen.com/explore

Mark - if you can point me in the right direction for a starting point within the git repo I'd be happy to adapt an existing script to pull nzonscreen videos. No python expert but I can give it a crack.
Wow, I never knew about NZ On Screen.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand2