• 17(current)
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand
Thanks for the work on the tvnz addon. I just loaded the plugin. The tvnz part gets script failed message. Any ideas how to fix it? Cheers.
Good to see this still being developed.

Now that sky has lost the rights to the English Premier League has anyone thought about a plugin for http://www.premierleaguepass.com
Hi All

I downloaded the OnDemand add in that I found in the normal XBMC repository list. But the only one I could get going was Prime news/sport/weather.

So I'm guessing what is in the XBMC repository is not up to date? So is this working and if so where can I get it Smile

Thanks
It simply doesn't work and seems to be undeveloped at present, although there is some sporadic work on the author's github. However, not a commit for 7 months.

https://github.com/markhoney/plugin.vide...its/master

You could try downloading from git (it's easy to get as a zip file) and try installing from that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cheers

I'll try that, would be awesome if someone got it working (I have no idea how haha)
I checked out the github version today and confirm that a lot was not working, though there was definitely some content accessible. I need this functionality really just for tv one news which I will miss when the rest of the country goes digital (it sucks renting and being too tight to want to pay for an aerial fitting on someone elses building).

I will attempt to send a message on github to Mark this week at some stage and try to find out if he has intentions to continue development or if there are known technical barriers to such.

I will likely begin hacking at his plugin to get it to work with whatever content I am able to unless Mark suggests that this would be fruitless due to aforementioned possible technical issues. Will be sure to post back sometime when I have more information.

If anyone else is already busy with this I'd be keen to help in any way possible.
Well his commitment is clear from his commits. Please if you can fork it and improve it, go for it. That's what open source is all about. Not to diss Mark either. Those tv websites are a moving target. And people get busy. So go for it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah, sorry I haven't managed to spend time on this - it's been a busy year! I may manage an update before Gotham, but there's no guarantee that I can get the broken stuff working. The big issue is that TVNZ started using a streaming technology that XBMC can't cope with.
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Hi all. thinking of making a plugin for iSky. Before I start figuring out how to do this, are there any really good reasons no one has done this all-ready? or is their a plugin out there and its being kept on the down low. I've dabbled in programming and not shy of a bit of goggling and reading so think this may be a worthwhile project.
Possibly the iSky terms and conditions would be areason no one has? ( I don't know their T&C but it is unlikel to to allow using anything but their own delivery mechanism.)
It wouldn't stop me. I wouldn't forsee any major issues as I assume you would still need to login to access the stream.

Sky should just sort it's s☆☆t out and develop apps for HTPC and smart tv's and stream HD especially since their set top box's sux.

With a bit of luck someone will setup a decent NZ hosted streaming service in the near future.
Anyone know when NZ OnDemand will work again?
Not being developed any further - no commits for over a year

https://github.com/markhoney/plugin.vide...its/master
Hi all i have xmbc on my odroid U3 . this is a small arm board like Raspberry PI.
XBMC: Frodo 2:12.3. (latest from ubuntu packagg manager)
I installed the tvnz on demand file but it only can search files not watch them. also i don't see the TV3 on demand download people say is working. where is the link.

if there are any extra plugins etc i need installed let me know and i will see if they are available for the ubuntu arm os.

this sux there is no current updates on this. would someone else take on this project to carry it on.

is there a web-browser plugin for xbmc so we can access teh website directly in xbmc
Sorry if this is a silly question.

I have a fresh out the box Raspberry Pi2 and OpenElec/Kodi OS. I've managed to easily install apps from zip, eg Phoenix and YouTube.

I downloaded Mark Honey's plugin.video.nz.ondemand-master.zip and tried to install it. I get the message "dependencies not met". I guess I need to install something else first. Any idea what I need to do?

Cheers,

Will
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] TVNZ OnDemand2