• 3(current)
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?
On linux you can mount an ISO.

If you set type to auto and then add the loop flag it mounts the iso.

my fstab looks like:

br_file.iso /Videos/Movies/.BluRay/MOVIE_NAME auto loop,ro,users,noexec

The mount is a directory. You can then create a symlink in your movies folder to the /BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts file within the mounted directory.

I suppose this could be scripted.
Can you mount a .ISO in a networked folder or does it have to be a local. If so How would I go about doing this? (sorry I have zippo linux experience)

Thanks
just so nobody else wastes their time; working on this atm. have it working (code is snatched from boxee) but code needs some love before it goes intro trunk.
spiff Wrote:just so nobody else wastes their time; working on this atm. have it working (code is snatched from boxee) but code needs some love before it goes intro trunk.

Excellent! I am really looking forward to Blu-Ray ISO support. (Unencrypted, of course) Please keep us posted with your development on this. I thought about diving into it myself and seeing how I could implement UDF 2.5 into a library. If you need some feedback, I can update my box to trunk and test. I have 100s of unencrypted blu-ray isos.

Does your patch support automatically playing the largest m2ts track? Or is it just simply browsing the folder structure?
spiff Wrote:just so nobody else wastes their time; working on this atm. have it working (code is snatched from boxee) but code needs some love before it goes intro trunk.
multiplatform or Linux only at the moment?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Any updates on this?
TaterSalad Wrote:Does your patch support automatically playing the largest m2ts track? Or is it just simply browsing the folder structure?

XBMC can handle index.bdmv. It won't give you the JAVA UI, but it's able to extract the movie playlist and is not just playing the largest m2ts file (which would not make much sense for many movies consisting of hundreds of smaller files, like f.e. Cars that also has video files in multiple languages).
Ah I see. That's a way better method. Well let me rephrase then... Does spiff's UDF2.5 patch support automatically playing the index.bdmv playlist in the iso?
And if there is different Index. Lets say, alternative ending for "I Am Legend" or different scenes depend on sound choice in "Cars"? Are there going to be a simple menu to choose version/index from?
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC

Thank you! Where would you like me to direct funds for support?

TaterSalad Wrote:Ah I see. That's a way better method. Well let me rephrase then... Does spiff's UDF2.5 patch support automatically playing the index.bdmv playlist in the iso?

I imagine the UDF parsing is taking place much earlier in the playback chain than parsing the index.bdmv file, which already works in Dharma. Since UDF support is modular, once parsing the UDF filesystem is complete, it would be passed on to the Blu-Ray filesystem logic which would then read the index.bdmv file and go on it's merry way.

In short, after spiff is done, selecting a BD ISO will result in playback of the main movie title.
It works! I built from source, from the master branch on git (b12d33d):

Code:
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso)
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: dvdimage
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: dvdimage
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: adding player: videodefaultdvdplayer (1) for rule: dvdimage
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: matched 1 rules with players
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding videodefaultplayer (1)
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=0
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=1
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding player: DVDPlayer (1)
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: added 1 players
DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso
CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
thread start, auto delete: 0
Creating InputStream
  msg: libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
  msg: libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
libdvdcss debug:
[b]  msg: opening target `smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso'[/b]
  msg:
libdvdcss debug:
using libc for access
  msg:
  msg: libdvdcss error: failed creating cache directory
  msg: libdvdnav: vm: DVD Title:
  msg: libdvdnav: Unable to find map file 'RIVE=C:/.dvdnav/.map'
  msg: libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
  msg: libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
Error on dvdnav_open
[b]CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - failed to open [smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso] as DVD ISO, trying Bluray[/b]
CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - opening smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso
[b]udf://smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts... (1AD7FAA0)[/b]
CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: START
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Checking for common subdirs...
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 57 ms)
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Searching for subtitles...
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 9 ms)
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: END (total time: 73 ms)

Screenshots:

Browsing Blu-Ray directory:

Playing Movie:

Not sure if this is spiff's doing, but it even supports Blu-Ray chapters when you hit up/down. It no longer uses the long seek option! This is perfection!
This is perfect.

I will stop extracting and muxing my Bluray iso's

and try this

Thanks Spiff
Looking at the code, it seems to only parse Blu-Ray ISOs. I'll try a HD-DVD in the morning... I think it'll open it fine using the UDF 2.5 reader, but it will choke when it tries to find the index.bdmv file. Smile
yes, there's no libhddvd.
Can i just update my XBMC or do i have to rebuild to play the ISO's ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?1