• 6(current)
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?
spiff Wrote:it works on mac as well, but i dunno if there are any builds about.

Does anyone know if there is a mac build which supports reading Bluray disk images
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Hello

i read the latest nightly builds support to play br iso.
i downloaded the latest build (1.14.2011) and tried to play an iso.
the player tries to start but no picture no sound.

i tried the precompiled xbmc.exe from this thread also but xbmc crashes during start.

what i am doing wrong?

i am useing windows 7 32bit
_Andy_ Wrote:Hello

i tried the precompiled xbmc.exe from this thread also but xbmc crashes during start.

what i am doing wrong?

Is this an unencrypted ISO? ie. did you use a program like DVDFab or AnyDVD HD to remove the AACS and BD+ and all that crap? Or did you just create an ISO of your BluRay disk?

If you just made an ISO of a commercial BluRay and didn't use a tool to remove the encryption, it won't work.

-Wes
_Andy_ Wrote:Hello

what i am doing wrong?

Same issue, also the precompiled exe is quite a bit smaller then one being replaced is that right? I'm also using win7 x86.
defrag Wrote:Although this is awesome, and it truly is, how far away is the possibility of bitstreaming the TrueHD and DTS-HD sound tracks?

What does bistreaming HD Audio formats have to do with parsing Blu-Ray ISO's.

Keep an eye out for the AudioEngine branch here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289

eph78 Wrote:Same issue, also the precompiled exe is quite a bit smaller then one being replaced is that right? I'm also using win7 x86.

I get that on one Blu-Ray ISO for me, American Gangster. It loads and it shows what looks like a still from the menu sequence for a second the quits. All my other 45 ISO's work perfectly fine. Try a different ISO.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
External subtitles work only if loaded from the internal menu or downloaded with the subtitles addon. A subtitle with the same name as the iso file is not automatically loaded.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Question 
This is what I did step by step:

1. Installed XBMC latest build
2. Ripped Blu-rays as ISO files (dvdfab full clone 30-40gb each)
3. XBMC found the iso's.
4. Downloaded zip file from page 7 with XBMC.exe and the dll file
5. Copyed the above files and overwrote them to my xbmc application folder replacing original XBMC.exe (When overwriting the xbmc.exe with the compiled one why is it 1/3 the size of the original xbmc.exe?)
6. Launched XBMC and it loads the white letters XBMC splash screen then the program crashes.
HuhHuh

Running Windows 7 Enterprise x86 4gb RAM and PNY 9800GT - XBMC Dharma (latest build) - MyMovies scraper - PowerDvD (opens and plays the ripped iso's fine)

Thanks in advance for the help.

EPH78
@waldo22
i used anydvd to remove the crap. if i mount the iso i'm able to play the m2ts files with xbmc.
so i assume xbmc can't read the br structure.
i wrote an app to automount br iso decrypt the playlist files and automaticly create an playlist for xbmc and autostart the movie via json rpc.
one issue. each playlist item starts with audiostream one.
if you don't want stream one you have to change every file.
My build is 14.1 MB (14,876,672 bytes), Dharma is 12.7 MB (13,387,776 bytes). I don't see how mine is "1/3 the size of the original xbmc.exe".

I'm running Windows 7 x64, is ANYONE able to get this working on x86? It seems as though there is something else going on than x86/x64 as XBMC is a 32-bit program through and through. I can try to put together a new build tonight if that's what you guys want.

PS. We should really setup a bug report thread for UDF 2.5/2.6 support in the support forum.
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Philmatic Wrote:What does bistreaming HD Audio formats have to do with parsing Blu-Ray ISO's.

Keep an eye out for the AudioEngine branch here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289

Becuase they are on the Blu-Ray ISO's and need to be read? This thread is of course about not just about being able to mount them but actually play the content which works fine for video (x64). I was just asking about the next steps for bluray integration. If my amp supports the formats I want xbmc to supply them, otherwise there will still be a requirement of 3rd party software to provide full support.

Thanks for the link to the AudioEngine branch, now subscribed.
Except XBMC already supports TrueHD and DTS-MA (Core), it just won't bitstream it yet. It WILL decode it and transmit it as 8 channel LPCM. So you'll get the same quality of audio, you just won't get the pretty lights. The AudioEngine branch will take care of that, but it may be a few months before we see a stable build.
Philmatic Wrote:My build is 14.1 MB (14,876,672 bytes), Dharma is 12.7 MB (13,387,776 bytes). I don't see how mine is "1/3 the size of the original xbmc.exe".

I'm running Windows 7 x64, is ANYONE able to get this working on x86? It seems as though there is something else going on than x86/x64 as XBMC is a 32-bit program through and through. I can try to put together a new build tonight if that's what you guys want.

PS. We should really setup a bug report thread for UDF 2.5/2.6 support in the support forum.

This is the link I went to:
http://www.mediafire.com/?addmqwand1atddr

After I unzip the file XBMC.exe its size is 7.198MB is that right? or did I download the wrong link?

Thanks!
@eph78
after unpacking you should have 14.876.672 bytes.
I just rechecked your source http://www.mediafire.com/?addmqwand1atddr

@all
any advise how to compile XBMC with libbluray support? I read the wiki about compile XBMC for windows.
But i found no help for integrating external libs.
It seems it needs to be polished a little bit. Other then that, it works quite good, cheers!
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
I put together another build:

Notes:
  1. You MUST have an existing valid Dharma installation already on your computer, my executable simply replaces the old one but has all the same dependencies as the original XBMC.
  2. I have VERIFIED that this works on both x32 and x64 platforms on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
  3. If you use MySQL to store your media library database, you CANNOT revert back down to Dharma, it updates the database and will not let you go back down to an older revision.
Information:
Filename: XBMC_W32_DX_d40f1b7bf2da4c372b0a.zip
Filesize: 14.1 MB (14,874,112 bytes)
Date: 1/19/2011
Git revision: d40f1b7bf2da4c372b0a
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?fq1r4bk54wwf1jd
Alternative: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1540232/XBMC_W32...372b0a.zip

I've created a discussion thread here, let's move all non-development chatter to there.
Enjoy!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?1