XBMC windowed?
Question 
Hello
sorry if il was tell before but i don't find the information with the search fonction ...

so, can we have xbmc in windowed mod and not in full screen ?
and how ?

thank's in advance.
yes, xbmc can definitely run in a window. check your shortcut. its probably running it with the -fs switch:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...ecific_FAQ
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hello,

Just create a new shortcut with this option : "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

Note "C" if C is you default HDD ;-)
thank's for the help Smile
work's fine Smile
The installer creates two shortcuts, one fullscreen and one windowed
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
o_____O
oh yes in fact.
how to appear stupid in one lesson Big Grin

so another question.
i've seen we can make several profile in xbmc
and i said to me : "fine, one profile in full screen and one profile in windowed mod"

because the windowed mod works fine but i want to be in 1280x1024 in full screen mod and 1024x768 in windowed mod
why ?
to see the videos in fullscreen and to play my music in windowed ...

i have tested the two installation in differents folder.
but they share the Application Data\XBMC\UserData folder ...
don't work anymore
maybe you know how to link first installation ti Application Data\XBMC\UserData\ and second to Application Data\XBMC\UserData2 for exemple ?

thank's another time for ideas
i can edit
ok two installation works fine
if you know how to with two profile it will be fine to Smile
Is there a way to reduce it from fullscreen into a window? While watching a video for instance?
press "\".
It works when not watching a video. TBH I dunno if this works during video playback Wink
Ah! ok thanks Laugh
Why do I have to read of this in a random forum post? This is a kickass feature that alone justifies the installing XBMC for Vista users, imho that is. Smile

If you have Aero enabled and move the XBMC Window to the top of the screen you get a almost fullscreen background where you can run milkdrop visualisation while playin music, a moving background that will shimmer through the glassy "chrome" of your applications (browser anyone? Wink ) and the start bar.

This is WAY better than the moving video backgrounds vista ultimate comes bundled with and for the first time let me really appreciate vista's eyecandy.

ImageImageImage
Ah, it's a pity the window isn't resizeable, for me anyway. I'm running in 1680x1050 so windowed mode takes up practically the entire screen anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC windowed?0