How to name TV-show DVD's?
Having a hard time getting the library to find my dvd's that are tv-show and are built with a folder structure. How can I name the folder so XBMC can find them.

This iso. and img. is easy, but I can't figure out why it doesn't work the same way when the files are placed in folders.

Thinking of making an image of them, but thought I try here first!
Best to rip each episode as a single ISO file (IMO Big Grin). I use the naming convention "TVshow Name.S01E01.Episode name.iso" Hope this helps.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36797
\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever\SomethingWhatever.S01E01-02-03-04.SomethingWhatever.iso
\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever\SomethingWhatever.S01E05-06-07-08.SomethingWhatever.iso

...or re-encode them in a other format separating the episodes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I know how to rename a Iso. But I have several DVD's that have the folder structure like "Stargate_Atlantis_S1/ VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS" folder.
So if I can rename the folder it would be great.

Or maybe make a scrapper or nfo file my self, any tips on how the easiest way to solve this?
Would like to know it too, otherwise I have to rip all my Futurama DVDs to single episodes. Eek
Can a dev please confirm if the Video_TS folder in the example above could be renamed to a multi-ep foldername?
I tried with Beta 3 and was not able to make it work.
And if the code does not support it, should it? (ie is this a bug?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Musta78 Wrote:I know how to rename a Iso. But I have several DVD's that have the folder structure like "Stargate_Atlantis_S1/ VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS" folder.
So if I can rename the folder it would be great.

Or maybe make a scrapper or nfo file my self, any tips on how the easiest way to solve this?

Renaming the VIDEO_TS folder or the one above it doesn't work.
I just created ISOs out of the DVDs for which I have a VIDEO_TS file structure and used the naming sche suggested above.
Gamester17 Wrote:See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36797
\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever\SomethingWhatever.S01E01-02-03-04.SomethingWhatever.iso
\TV Shows\TV Show name\SomethingWhatever\SomethingWhatever.S01E05-06-07-08.SomethingWhatever.iso

You just re-invented my XBMC experience - now I get the idea of library mode! Thanks! :-)
everything was fine with 9.11 and now dharma...rc2...thankyou!! Confused

got here tons of decompressed iso's wh tv-shows...

structure: v:\shows\tv-show\1x01x02x03\video_ts\video_ts.ifo

what tool do i use best to recompress to iso's wh windows se7en?

just tried folder2iso - did not work with xbmc (was fine wh zoom player)

anyone?

rgdz, dc.
I'm not sure this is necessary with Dharma, but this is how I have mine setup (video_ts folder based). I added this to my advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
- <tvshowmatching append="no">
  <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>

And my folder structures are like this:

\TVShowName\TVShowName.s01.e01\video_ts.ifo

example:

V:\TV_Series\Monty.Pythons.Flying.Circus\Monty.Pythons.Flying.Circus.s01.e07\VIDEO_TS.IFO

I don't have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS subfolders, but each episode is in it's own seperate folder.

I can't remember where I got the regexp settings info - either from the forums or the wiki.

Oh, and I DID use DVDShrink to seperate each episode into its own folder - these aren't video_ts folder contents for the full DVD's
Wink 
yes - dark! i can remember "darkish" i'll once tweaked "ol" 9.11 wh some code snippet...

promise to try this later today.

tnx dude!! Wink

dc.
Gamester17 Wrote:See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36797

Maybe its just me, but i prefer to separate each episode to one file, i find it easier to maintaine that way :-)
frank_jarle Wrote:Maybe its just me, but i prefer to separate each episode to one file, i find it easier to maintaine that way :-)

Yep, MakeMKV can split those out into individual episodes fairly easily from the DVD folder structure...or HandBrake if you want to transcode.
tryed yesterday (the code-snippet addon) and found: not working wh "dharma". first there is no advancedsettings.xml and when i put one in the xbmc root - it seems to have no effect?! maybe someone wh a hint for a programm (freeware?!) to iso my folders again?! Confused

uups! there comes to mind, i tweaked the dvd region to "2" for a not so working iso of captain nemo ... maybe ill have to reset this?! ed: nope didnt work either.

ed: found that "CD Burner XP" works fine for me to "reISO" the VIDEO DVD's...

NEXT QUESTION: assuming i have an ISO wh 3 movies on it? like batman one, two, three - how do i do that?
up until now i scraped batman one and renamed the entry "batman I, II, III" - thaz kinda bull...

tnx!

dc.
If you don't have an advancedsettings.xml file, you can create one. It goes in your \userdata folder (where the guisettings.xml file is). The file also needs to have the correct open/close tags. Here's my current one with more info other than just the TV show regexp

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
<remoterepeat>600</remoterepeat>
<videodatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>dbhost</host>
  <name>xbmc_video</name>
  <user>user</user>
  <pass>password</pass>
</videodatabase>

<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
  <handlemounting>true</handlemounting>
  <tvshowmatching append="no">
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>

<videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to name TV-show DVD's?0