How to add recorded Movies that doesn't show up but are listed on the TEMP folder.
Nothing major, but how can I add Movies files that are in my C:\TEMP folder but doesn't show up under TV RECORDINGS in Kodi.

The problem occurs is when I do a Windows System Backup I transfer all the files from my C:\TEMP folder to another Internal HDD so that it wouldn't be included in the System Backup.

Under Macrium System Backup I am able to prevent this folder from being included but not under Windows System Backup feature.

Before doing the System Backup under Kodi TV RECORDINGS it shows all the movies I recorded from TV but after transferring the file back from the other Internal HDD only the TV Shows are listed and all the Movies are gone after restarting KODI again.

So I use KODI under VIDEO FILES and go to my C:\TEMP folder to be able to see and play all the movies I previously recorded. After doing a Windows System Backup KODI is back to the way it was before listing all TV and Movies from my TV tuner.

By the way I am using Matrix version 19.4 with the latest Windows 11 Pro.

Even if I don't need to use Windows System Backup can I still import video files that I downloaded from other sources into my C:\TEMP and then be able to have them listed under TV Recordings?
Forgot to mention that I needed to create a C:\TEMP folder from instructions on how to install either from KODI or NEXTPVR to make the App to work.

At the moment I forgot from which source I followed.
(2022-11-11, 02:03)elstaci Wrote: Nothing major, but how can I add Movies files that are in my C:\TEMP folder but doesn't show up under TV RECORDINGS in Kodi.

I have no experience with NextPVR, but when video files end up in the TEMP folder for whatever reason (the target original folder is perhaps not accessible?) just like subtitle files can, it's not a good idea to use the TEMP folder as a video source. As is using Windows System Backup as a tool to simply move misplaced files.
It shouldn't matter on Windows, this folder doesn't have magic powers,  as you said you had to create it.  NextPVR will delete entries from the database when files are not accessible unless these are false in config.xml (C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\config.xml)

<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>false</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
<CheckForRenamedRecordings>false</CheckForRenamedRecordings>

Videos can be imported to NextPVR using the NextTool, utility assuming they follow standard  filenaming rules for meta information, or have an nfo file. More info here https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/NextTool and support for that would be on the NextPVR forum. NextTool can import full meta data from NextPVR files if you have the config.xml setting to store this per file.  

<StoreSeparateMetadataXml>true</StoreSeparateMetadataXml>

C:\Temp should not be needed for NextPVR unless you specify it as your recording or live tv buffer.

Martin
I wasn't using the C:\TEMP folder to import videos files from other sources. I just mentioned that in case I was told not to use Window System Backup.

The movies files are created in the C:\TEMP folder when it is recorded from TV Tuner and then it is displayed under KODI TV RECORDINGS heading. But if I move all the files to another HDD to do a System Backup and then move those same files back to the C:\TEMP folder as before, in KODI only the TV Shows that were recorded shows up but not the movies that were recorded even though they are physically still in the same folder where they were created when being recorded.

So the C:\TEMP folder is part of NEXTPVR then. I was following instructions after installing NEXTPVR, I wasn't sure if it was KODI or not, it mentioned at that time I needed to create a C:\TEMP folder otherwise NEXTPVR wouldn't work correctly. This was done several years ago when I installed NextPVR and not recently when I started using NextPVR and KODI.

Okay, I thought this was a KODI issue but now I see it is a NEXTPVR issue. So NEXTPVR is where KODI gets the recorded files to populate its list at TV RECORDINGS. If NExtPVR doesn't recognize the movies after being transferred back but only the TV Shows then I need to open a thread at NEXTPVR Forums.

Thanks for the info. That Next Tool seems to be interesting. I will take a look at that.
Thanks for the reply.

I thought it was a KODI issue because I wasn't sure if the C:\TEMP folder was part of KODI or NextPVR since it had been several years that I had created it. but according to the next reply, in this thread, it is actually a NextPVR issue. So I will go there to see if it is normal behavior or not.
I will ask at NextPVR Forums if I can delete the C:\TEMP folder or at least move it to another internal HDD where it won't be using up my Windows Driver HDD. Plus how to move it or delete if NextPVR  doesn't need that specific folder anymore to run correctly and for recordings.
The default recording folder is not C:\TEMP so if files are being recorded there that would be your choice.  Perhaps that was a case at one time in the distant past but for many years it has only been required except for specific debugging purposes and you are free to use other folders. 

There is an option in NextPVR to archive (copy or move) recordings to another folder but not available in Kodi.

As I posted you need to make those config.xml changes if you move files even temporarily, but I agree it is best to pursue this on the NextPVR forums with zipped NextPVR logs.

Martin
Martin,

Thanks for your information. Since you mentioned it was a NextPVR issue and not KODI and you mentioned the Config.XML file I went and downloaded Microsoft XML Notepad App and using that I changed the C:\TEMP to my internal HDD H:\TEMP which I was using to store the C:\TEMP files in the future.

So problem is solved.

Next I am going to install the NEXT Tool that you mentioned from Github and see if I can get all the recorded Movies and TV Shows to show up in Kodi's TV RECORDINGS.

Thanks again.
It is best to use the Settings General page to edit recording directories. etc to ensure the server is aware of the changes.

Martin
By the way I can't get NextTool to work correctly. It doesn't seem to be able to generate a Nexttool.deb.json file so any file or folder I input can't be found. When I installed the original Deb.json file that I deleted, that came with the Zip file before running Nexttool first time, it seems to get a different error concerning the Deb.json file.

Possibly I am not correctly inputting the Import command. No matter I will just look at all the movies and TV shows that are in the H:\TEMP folder until I see them all and delete them. From that point on all TV and Movies will show up in KODI TV Recordings.
Sorry as noted this discussion really needs to move to the NextPVR forum where you can post logs.  It could be possible that you aren't even running the current version of NextPVR.

Martin
You are correct,  I realize this isn't the proper forum for Nexttool issues. I was just letting you know the problem I was having running that tool.

By the way I do have the latest NPVR version installed.

But I really don't need it now since I won't have a reason for moving the contents in the H:\TEMP folder anymore.

Thanks for your help.
OK,  you probably missed unzipping NextTool into the NextPVR program folder or something simple like that.  Glad you sorted it out.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add recorded Movies that doesn't show up but are listed on the TEMP folder.0