Bug AddonsXX.db Not Copied When Creating New Separate Profile
To me, this is a bug but it may be intended behavior. If it is intended behavior, then an option to copy Addons database should be added to the new profile wizard.

Use case:

My wife and I have a few shows we both watch but are at different points. For example, i have watched every episode of One Chicago (Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Chicago Justice and Chicago Med) but my wife is just now getting into it. After nearly 600 episodes...

Normally, she watches stuff on Plex so she can have her own watch statuses while i watch on Kodi. With One Chicago, there is no easy way to watch all episodes in order with all the crossovers and the such. So i decided to create a separate MySQL DB for her, tag the shows and create a playlist sorted by aired date. All was good until she was feeling under the weather and wanted to watch her shows in bed. The bedroom TV only had my stuff there so i created a profile for her with a custom advancedsettings.xml pointing to her DB.

Problem is the skin and a bunch of other addons for tagging and the such were not available. Upon trying to switch to the skin we all love, i got a warning that the current version would be uninstalled and same version would be installed.

That is pretty stupid. The addons are there already. At the very least, it should just say "oh i see it's already there so i'll just add it to the addons.db". Not ideal but it makes some kind of sense.

IMHO, even when selecting that we want everything separate, we should have the option to use the same addons.db since no matter if it's an empty db or not, addons reside in the same place regardless of the profile.

Obviously i went ahead and copied my addons.db to her profile and all is well now...

EDIT: The Wiki claims addons are just marked as disabled but that is not the case. My Addons.db was like 2 MB while hers was 20 KB
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AddonsXX.db Not Copied When Creating New Separate Profile0