[WIP] Reverence - a new skin concept for XBMC (skinning help wanted)
Any updates on this?

I think it's one of the best looking skins (mockups) I have seen Smile

Looks as good as Chrome v2 for MeediOS.

/Martin
Any news?
I personally really like this view:

where did that view come from!?!?!?!
manturafs Wrote:where did that view come from!?!?!?!

It was actually in the "related images" after I clicked the first concept. I've used that fanart in past screenshots, so I was naturally inclined to take a peek.

If nobody calls dibs on it...well, ha. Wink
man, that doesn't belong to reverence then. man, i wonder what skin that is.....
Actually kinda looks like focus?
digitalhigh Wrote:It was actually in the "related images" after I clicked the first concept. I've used that fanart in past screenshots, so I was naturally inclined to take a peek.

If nobody calls dibs on it...well, ha. Wink

That view comes from my mockups found over here. I didn't really get a response so it's been put on the back burner. It was to combine the best of MediaStream and Focus hence the 'kinda looks like Focus'. Laugh I'd really love to get my mockups coded. I just need to find some time...or not sleep. That's an extra 8 hours right there. Coding for XBMC is not really my strong suit though. I'm more of a C# / graphics kind of guy so the learning curve for XML skin coding is a bit steep. One of these days...or sooner if I can find a coder to help.

Currently, I'm working on improving a media scraper program that can tie directly into XBMC's database - something I've noticed none of the other 'companion' applications do.
This will hopefully alleviate some of the hassle that comes when updating backdrop / poster art and will be a lot faster when updating larger collections.

I know...there's already plenty external scraper programs to choose from and they work great but IMO there's a seriously lack of eh...polish to them. Sad More to come about that later though! Wouldn't want to get off topic here. Nod
Any progress on this? Looks like Reverence and phyek's concept might become the two next "big" skins...
mots Wrote:Any progress on this? Looks like Reverence and phyek's concept might become the two next "big" skins...

I'm sad to say no, although I was working with a coder and things seemed to be progressing nicely, the coder "disappeared" and took the code with him, so all I'm left with are the mockups and graphical assets.

The good news is we made some significant progress so if anyone else was feeling like assisting I would be glad to pick the project back up again.

If there doesn't seem to be enough interest "by coders" in the next couple weeks, I will consider scrapping this design and helping out with existing skins, if the help is needed / wanted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Reverence - a new skin concept for XBMC (skinning help wanted)1