kodi from Microsoft store auto updated to version 20.rc1!!
hello
my Kodi which was downloaded from Microsoft store about a year and 1/2 ago. 2 days ago it was automatically updated itself to Build 20.0-rc1 Compiled:2022-12-10!
Is that supposed to happen?

Also, how can I downgrade my version to 19.4 without losing my kodi Data, layout and favourites?

Thanks
So, does your Kodi setup still have those "2 other add-ons you cannot name because it's from unknown sources"…?

About the MS Store... you could also NOT use the MS store if you want more control over updates.
hello there.
I understand that 20.0 RC 1 is a release candidate.
I just want to know, how was my Kodi updated to RC 1? Is that supposed to happen for everyone for everyone who had kodi installed from Microsoft store?
thanks
(2022-12-14, 21:23)2times Wrote: I just want to know, how was my Kodi updated to RC 1?

You installed Kodi via the MS Store. When the store gets new software versions, it updates your softwares. That's what a software store is for. It's not really rocket science.

Now what about my other question?
also, how do I backup my YouTube add-on, layout favourites, etc. and downgrade to version 19.4 for windows?
Thank you
Again, what about my other question?

We can be pretty stubborn too. Let me just spit it out for you: if you have add-ons on your Kodi setup that facilitate video piracy ("add-ons that can't be named.."), our support will stop right now. Provide an unedited debug log (wiki) and we can move further. Otherwise this thread will be closed for wasting our time, and we'll move along to more important things.

Thank you.
The other add-ons is irrelevant and already uninstalled.

By the way, is the YouTube add-on develop by kodi team?
(2022-12-14, 21:32)Klojum Wrote: You installed Kodi via the MS Store. When the store gets new software versions, it updates your softwares. That's what a software store is for. It's not really rocket science.

please don't be rude. I know it's not rocket science, but it's release candidate, NOT an official version… So why was it pushed through Microsoft store?

Please read about software cycle here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_r...life_cycle
(2022-12-14, 21:32)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-12-14, 21:23)2times Wrote: I just want to know, how was my Kodi updated to RC 1?

You installed Kodi via the MS Store. When the store gets new software versions, it updates your softwares. That's what a software store is for. It's not really rocket science.

By new software versions, do you mean updates? Because it never used to automatically update before. I manually updated from 19.3 to 19.4. the MS Store didn't do it for me. And I never went in to change any settings on my XBox.
(2022-12-15, 03:00)2times Wrote: Now what about my other question?

I've asked you 3 times. I also told you what was gonna happen if there was no answer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi from Microsoft store auto updated to version 20.rc1!!0