Solved search for YouTube videos without requests?
Hi, I am using this code to get the thumbnails of trailers for YouTube videos in my skin:

xml:
<variable name="youtube_trailers">
    <value>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/search/?q=$INFO[Container.FolderName]+trailer</value>
</variable>

However, I've been told this is bad practice as it also keeps draining my daily quota allowed by YouTube.

I don't know how to get the thumbnails otherwise. Something with listitem.art(**) but I got no more information.

Can someone shed some light? Would really appreciate it!
Thanks a lot
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

For trailer, have you looked into : ListItem.Trailer  ?
hi, thank you. That's not it though. I want to see thumbs of video trailers from YouTube.
@3000 You could use plugin.video.themoviedb.helper

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ts-Related
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=tv&query=showname&year=2020
(2022-12-17, 10:16)roidy Wrote: @3000 You could use plugin.video.themoviedb.helper

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ts-Related
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=movie&imdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=tv&query=showname&year=2020

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you very much.Smile Didn't work for tv shows though but I guess that will be possible too. I'll keep digging.

Another question you may be able to help me with: is there also a similar method to get the thumbnails of public YouTube PLAYLISTS which I have created myself - without any api request? The playlists carry the same name as the corresponding movie/tv show.
(2022-12-17, 16:44)3000 Wrote: Didn't work for tv shows though but I guess that will be possible too. I'll keep digging.

TV shows should work fine, don't forget to set the type to tv, this works for me, returning 4 videos:-

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=tv&query=Chucky

Quote:Another question you may be able to help me with: is there also a similar method to get the thumbnails of public YouTube PLAYLISTS which I have created myself - without any api request? The playlists carry the same name as the corresponding movie/tv show.

No, anything that needs access to the YouTube api is going to use up your api quota, there's nothing you can do about that Sad
@roidy 
Quote:TV shows should work fine, don't forget to set the type to tv, this works for me, returning 4 videos:-

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=videos&type=tv&query=Chucky
Ah yes! I tried and tv shows work now too. So cool!

Quote:No, anything that needs access to the YouTube api is going to use up your api quota, there's nothing you can do about that 

ok, I need to find another solution for my playlists then. Really appreciate your input. You helped me a lot!

Thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
search for YouTube videos without requests?0