Success (kinda) with SL-6399 remote
nbennett1970 Wrote:I'd be interested to see how you get on - just installed Dharma and have this remote - don't want to reinvent the wheel!

OK - tested on Dharma RC2 - works fine - only real missing function is the 'pc power' button which doesn't work out of the box (nor 'home') - any ideas?
is the remote power button issue this

Quote:I checked and found that USB0 was not enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup. So I added echo USB0>/proc/acpi/wakeup to /etc/rc.local. Just for good mesure I also executed the following:
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth –user xbmc –grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

Then I re-edited /etc/default/grub to add “usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax” to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT so that this now reads

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount,setvolume loglevel=0 usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax”

After all of this everything now seems to be working. The system boots into the GUI and suspend/resume works perfectly from the MCE remote.
I don't take credit for it, as I stole the fix from the XBMC Freak site (hopefully they won't mind).
@ nbennett1970

on my remote I have a TV power button that when pressed in the Freak edition v10 of XBMC it says MCEkeypress detected MY TV. I am guessing I can just edit the keyboard.xml and change that button to the command for power.

My issues is resume from sleep and I hope the above (editting the rc.local) fixes it
for a power button off button I just used power saving function to suspend PC after 120 minutes of no use in system setting on XBMC.

Also added the lines

echo USB0>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB1>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB3>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB4>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB5>/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB6>/proc/acpi/wakeup

to /etc/rc.local files before the exit 0

Any question then just ask.
to make the power button work. I just remapped the TVpower button to XBMC.shutdown (see below)

To do this I just did the following

Quote:sudo cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
then
Quote:sudo nano /home/<username>/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

and edited this line
Quote:<t mod="ctrl">Notification (MCEKeypress, Live TV()/<t>

to
Quote:<t mod="ctrl">XBMC.Shutdown()/<t>
Also did this one to enable the MyTV button to toggle subtitles on and off.
Quote:<t mod="ctrl">Notification (MCEKeypress, Live TV()/<t>
to
Quote:<t mod="ctrl,shift">ShowsubTitles()/<t>
now I have 100% of the buttons I need working or at least a good way to do this for any more buttons I might need in the future.
bertybassett Wrote:My issues is resume from sleep and I hope the above (editting the rc.local) fixes it

Hi bertybassett,

Did you ever get resume from sleep working with the SL-6399? I have been trying for months but have never found a solution. The only two states I have found are:

1. I can suspend the system from the remote, the light goes out on the receiver and I cannot resume from the remote.
2. I can suspend the system from the remote, the light stays on and the system wakes immediately.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to resume from this remote, but if anyone has information to the contrary please share!

Otherwise, I am making good progress in getting all the buttons working using coldsource's HID Mapper, once everything is working I will post my .map file if anyone's interested…
ximon Wrote:Hi bertybassett,

Did you ever get resume from sleep working with the SL-6399? I have been trying for months but have never found a solution. The only two states I have found are:

1. I can suspend the system from the remote, the light goes out on the receiver and I cannot resume from the remote.
2. I can suspend the system from the remote, the light stays on and the system wakes immediately.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to resume from this remote, but if anyone has information to the contrary please share!

Otherwise, I am making good progress in getting all the buttons working using coldsource's HID Mapper, once everything is working I will post my .map file if anyone's interested…

Yeah just noticed you are correct, my system will automatically restart at randomly intervals when used with this remote. Without remote this remote plugged in the system will suspends just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Success (kinda) with SL-6399 remote0