textbox vs label
I'm using a textbox in a grouplist for titles, so that that longer titles can go over multiple lines and the height of the textbox adjusts automatically. I tried using a label with wrapmultiline set to true, but I noticed that the label just seemed to take the max height value at all times.

The only thing is when the value is longer than the textbox, I want it to end with an elipsis (...) instead of autoscrolling. But even if I set autoscrolling to false, there's no ellipsis to indicate that the label has been shortened.

So right now I have this convoluted approach where I have a second textbox offscreen the same size with an ID (6007). Then I have a textbox and a label in my grouplist with visibility conditions based on if Container(6007).HasMore is true. That way, if the textbox would autoscroll, it will be hidden and a label will show instead that will fill the whole space so I don't have to worry about the issue with the height on multiline labels. The label value has to be set as <label>VAR[Title_Label]...</label> to show the elipsis.

This seems to work, but is a ridiculous waste of effort and resources for such a simple thing. Am I missing an easier way to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
textbox vs label0