HOW-TO stream ITV to XBMC inside and outside of the United Kingdom
To stream ITV live to xbox in or outside of the uk it can be done

You need to download URL snooper for windows and use a UK proxy server. Once downloaded run URL snooper.

Set up Internet explorer on your PC with a UK proxy and go to the ITV site (firefox seems not to work too well)

good site to find UK proxy is
http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm

select a channel from the ITV website eg ITV1 and use URL snooper to view the url when the broadcast starts. the actual stream of the URL is normally in MMS. When the program starts copy the URL from URL snooper

After copying the URL open notepad. Paste the URL in notepad and save it as an strm file. rememeber to save as type ALL FILES and NOT the default txt extension

FTP to your xbox and copy the file you have just saved from your PC to XBOX to any location you wish...however you need to remember where. I just created a streams folder

When done go to XBMC go to VIDEOS and add a source. Point the source to your streams folder and click OK to set the source to your streams folder where you should save the strm file

Go back to videos, open your streams folder or whatever folder you placed your stream in and open the strm file you saved the ITV stream in

Stream should then play

PLEASE NOTE the stream url may change from program to program so you would need to use URL snooper again from your PC and just copy and replace the mms in your stream file.

Hope this helps!
Thats it should work in and outside the UK!

Go to
Just use my plugin and a proxy
Plugin works a treat!!
Voinage Wrote:Just use my plugin and a proxy

Hmm...the plugin is fine but is it obvious what to do about a proxy from within XBMC?

pmcd
useful, thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO stream ITV to XBMC inside and outside of the United Kingdom1