Solved Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro
@Zorroxtn did you actually perform the steps in the 3rd reply on here?
Forget my question, just saw the answer about permissions, and it works👍
Just did the steps. And it works thanks 😊
(2023-01-17, 01:30)GrimGriefer Wrote: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.

MODERATOR ADDITION:
This is from one of Nvidia's customer help pages, stating that Android 11 and up are affected when using file access.
See https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/...permission

Thank you so much for this 😫😫😫😉
(2023-01-17, 01:30)GrimGriefer Wrote: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.
Where's that option in a firestick?
Me TOO 👀😂 Thx!
Hi .
The gdrive addon works for you on Kodi 20?
I seem to be the only one that this doesn´t work for.

I got the Himedia Q10 Pro, and when i go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> I can´t choose Files and media. The only 2 choices I get is Microphone and Storage. This means that I can acces the fises I´ve got on the storage that is installed in the Himedia, but not the ones on my Synology NAS. 

All this worked fine until I updated Kodi to v20, but now I get the message Software caused connection abort 

Anyone got an idea of what I can try to fix this?
(2023-01-23, 15:18)Ossmar Wrote: I seem to be the only one that this doesn´t work for.

I got the Himedia Q10 Pro, and when i go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> I can´t choose Files and media. The only 2 choices I get is Microphone and Storage. This means that I can acces the fises I´ve got on the storage that is installed in the Himedia, but not the ones on my Synology NAS. 

All this worked fine until I updated Kodi to v20, but now I get the message Software caused connection abort 

Anyone got an idea of what I can try to fix this?

The fix discussed here is for AndroidTV/GoggleTV devices on Android 11 or above where a new permissions system prevents access to the local internal or connected USB storage.

The Himedia Q10 Pro is not a AndroidTV/GoggleTV device and looks to be stuck on a very old Android 7 so the disccusions here are not relevent, and besides if it's files on your Synology NAS you are having problems accessing then that is not local storage anyway, since you'll likely be using SMB or NFS to access them.
Thank after this steps it's now visible but Does anyone know how to make the summary and cover of the films reappear? When I go to my external HDD I only have two viewing choices that are not visually pleasing. Undecided

Thanks
Kodi v18.9 with androidTV and Nas file sharing was updated to Kodi 20, but I only can see the Kodi start screen and then it stops. 
So Kodi 20 doesn't work at all.
Who can help?
(2023-01-21, 11:11)Klojum Wrote:
(2023-01-21, 11:07)Loveve1 Wrote: Any advice welcome gracefully!
Hmm... Did you just pick a convenient forum thread to post your quite vague question in, and kinda hijack the thread?

I do not believe it happened that way. Do you?
(2023-01-24, 01:18)Transer Wrote: Do you?

Yes. Hence my reply.
I have an external HDD with all of my media files on it connected to my Shield (2017 model I believe).

And Kodi (Version 20) can't see or play the files anymore. VLC works perfectly fine though. 

I did try the previously mentioned app permissions steps, but no luck. Any ideas?

Edit: I fixed it.
Does anyone know how you fix this for a 'restricted profile' created for my kids? For some reason the changes i made don't mirror across there, have tried uninstalling (in the restricted profile) and then going back to main profile and re-adding - but to no avail....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro0