Solved Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro
Sorry for my English but...
With kodi 20, used with the Android TV box, the voice command for the various searches that can be done no longer works..
But W Kodi for ever Kodi
Heart 
Thank you
Hi all, had the same issues and following steps here I now have files back on my external HDD and can now see and watch the movies, however Kodi does not scrape new movies added and I have a half dozen added files that it does not see and no matter what I do I can not get them added.

Any ideas on this as I dont see anyone else with this issue here after the update. Thanks, Doug.
Hey all

I've updated my permissions and still having issues with scrapping. When I click update my videos it only scans tv shows and doesn't even scan. I can access my movies and watch them just not get anything new brought in. Any ideas?
(2023-01-27, 10:26)hbk_life Wrote: Any ideas?

Unable to see what part(s) of your Kodi setup is different, see if your debug log (wiki) gives you a hint.
I had the same issues and once I got my files/movies back and could both see and watch them I was convinced that it was the scraper but it wasnt. What I did was start to set up the external HDD and noticed that when I was doing this the drive content said "NONE" so I changed the content box to "MOVIES" and that fixed it.
I changed my permissions to all the time for Kodi 20. I use a nVidia Shield Pro 2019.  But I play Dolby Vision mkv files with Just Video Player which is no longer working.  I tried setting that permission but it does not offer 'all the time', it has 'just while using the app' which does not work since upgrading to Kodi 20.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I found the instructions here to be slightly confusing on where you change the setting. You don't select Kodi permissions (at least not on a Shield Pro running 9.1.1).  I made a quick video to show where to go.  It finally works. 

https://youtu.be/Jc4LT9BP8nM
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
(2023-02-05, 04:58)gquiring Wrote: I found the instructions here to be slightly confusing on where you change the setting. You don't select Kodi permissions (at least not on a Shield Pro running 9.1.1).  I made a quick video to show where to go.  It finally works. 

https://youtu.be/Jc4LT9BP8nM
this is fantastic gary! a lot of people benefit from a visual more than a text step by step, great idea
I use NVidia Shield (last version). I have exactly the same problem. I followed the steps in the video, I already had it configured as "Allow all the time", however, with some shows TV the new episodes still do not appear, only with some, but the problem persists. The only way I found to correct the problem was to delete the list and update it again, but the problem occurs again when I add the new episodes, it does not recognize them. Could anyone help me please?

Thanks!
Not working for me. X88 Pro Android 10 TV Box, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal Memory, Android 11.

On Kodi 20.0 I get notification Error Permision denied!! Exiting...
(2023-02-06, 22:48)Mandak Wrote: Not working for me. X88 Pro Android 10 TV Box, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal Memory, Android 11.

On Kodi 20.0 I get notification Error Permision denied!! Exiting...
then maybe you need instructions for the X88 Pro instead of the NVidia Shield Pro?
Thanks sense Kodi 20 asked for permission when I first opened it I did I didn't think I needed to go to settings! silly me.  Your suggestion worked perfect Thanks again
(2023-01-17, 01:30)GrimGriefer Wrote: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.

MODERATOR ADDITION:
This is from one of Nvidia's customer help pages, stating that Android 11 and up are affected when using file access.
See https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/...permission
This solved my issue described in another thread. Thank you.
when i goto settings > apps >kodi> permissions.  It goes back to the previous screen. I tried this several time and the same ting happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro0