MediaStream v0.91 Released
I was going to say that it's been a fairly quiet week this week and not much in the release but I've now gone through and compiled the list of changes (see below) and I'm more than pleasantly surprised! There's been a number of fixes and updates and quite a few new options for changing the way some of the views look and work.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: Ability to showTV fanart on projector screen in background image (has to be enabled in skin settings) - see image below
  • Added: Option to show a more animated version of Media Preview view (based on mod by anoobie) - see image below
  • Added: Fast Letter Searching (when scrolling quickly through a list it will pop up and show you what first letter you are currently at - useful when navigating large lists)
  • Added: Option to show music visualisation details in horizontal form (along the lines of the video OSD)
  • Added: Trailer icon to Media Preview view which will show when a movie has a trailer that can be watched
  • Added: Version of file browser that works better when navigating for non-image files
  • Added: Proper icons for the music visulisation buttons
  • Added: Music Now Playing UI to Weather screen
  • Added: Shadows behind thumbs in Panel Stream view
  • Added: Chinese (Traditional) and Portuguese translations
  • Added: Seek slider (hopefully) to Video OSD (based on suggestion by Waffa - needs testing)
  • Added: Option to hide custom backgrounds in movie views
  • Added: Option to hide fanart in TV views
  • Added: Record button to Music OSD
  • Fixed: Music Now Playing UI for 4x3
  • Fixed: position of button in OK dialog for 4x3
  • Fixed: Width of wide icon in Wide view to match width of plot text
  • Fixed: Sizing of Last Refreshed label on Weather screen
  • Updated: Entering Movies/TV Shows on home now returns to recent position in library (where possible)
  • Updated: On/Off menu item on Home now activates Shutdown menu when clicked
  • Updated: Fonts and positioning for the labels in the top part of media screens (Movies, Music etc) so that they fit better when using larger fonts
  • Updated: Widened the Music Visualisation Settinsg dialog
  • Updated: Moved the sub-menus on the home screen up slightly (to make sure they don't run into the RSS area)
  • Updated: OSD icon images (make sure they all have a similar design and no icons with letters in them)
  • Updated: Mouse pointer images (should now be a bit more in keeping with the rest of the skin)
  • Updated: Spanish, Swedish, Polish, French translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.

TV Fanart on Projector Screen:

Animated Media Preview view:
Just tried it brifely for an hour or so...

Looks awesome! Another step towards perfection Smile
Good job!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Thanks for the new release.
Did a little test.

Added: Option to show a more animated version of Media Preview view based on mod by anoobie) - see image below

Works fine, but when I want to hide the info I get a new screen back that can't be right. Also can't choose both options hide info media preview/show animated media preview.

Added: Seek slider (hopefully) to Video OSD (based on suggestion by Waffa - needs testing)

Seekslider is not working for me. Video and music.

Updated: Widened the Music Visualisation Settinsg dialog

New icons, widened dialog but i can't change the milkdrop settings in 0.90 I could. Now there none to set.

Lyrics still doesn't work. Had to overwrite it, works fine now.

Album layout (music) is not good Text is not showing properly.

Best skin there is ! Thanks !

Waffa
i've set a images folder for the tv background to have images show when on home screen pointing at tv shows, it shows them in the background.
but now with the fanart on projector screen on i'm getting the tv fanart in place where the projector is but it's on top of images from the folder in setting.

is there a why to have both images folder for the home screen and the tv show projector working at the same time?
Nice skin!! Works great on the latest XBMC build for linux but I can't figure out how to get to the 'Scripts' section. Under PM3, this brings up the scripts in ~/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts. I do see 'Programs' but I don't see an intuitive way to execute python scripts.
Can't wait to give this one a try. That TV fanart on the projector screen looks sweet!
analogue Wrote:Nice skin!! Works great on the latest XBMC build for linux but I can't figure out how to get to the 'Scripts' section. Under PM3, this brings up the scripts in ~/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts. I do see 'Programs' but I don't see an intuitive way to execute python scripts.

System -> Scripts
I read this on your website:

Quote:HOW DO I INSTALL IT? Full installation instructions are included with the skin.

I'm unable to find these instructions. I know how to install, but I need instructions for how to change custom backgrounds and more info about what the mediastream custom settings do.
markiz

Sorry for that oversight. I have amended the website and anticipate that once we reach V 1.0 we will include a full description of how to utilise all the functions / features within MediaStream. At present as the skin is evolving it would be like shooting a moving target.

D
sorry can`t see the download on your website
No problem. Can I ask a question then?

In the main menu, I find "biofilmer". I guess the english says "theatre" or something like that. What's that? It's empty when I select it.

Another question: In settings I can choose to disable "apple movie trailers". So I guess it's enabled by default. But where can I find the trailers? It's not in the main menu.
Another question: What are the recommended dimensions for backdrops when using a 4:3 TV? All backdrops that I've downloaded so far looks "squashed" on my TV using your skin. I cannot recall that this was a problem when I used Aeon.
Agitator Wrote:sorry can`t see the download on your website

http://www.mediafire.com/?qpefytkcwt0
thanx for the link
but i mean MediaStream v0.91 Released!
Sorry I messed up a bit on an update to the site. Should have this resolved soon.

D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.91 Released0