MediaStream v0.91 Released
dteirney Wrote:As noted in the following post and the one that follows it, I concur that the issue with the selected video being reset to the top of the list only happens with the Info List view.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post219823

The selection reverting to the top of the list for Info List view is happening in the 0.91 release. All the other views for Videos appear to work great.

Originally I thought it was something to do with the myth:// protocol, but my comparison with "real" videos used a different view. "Real" videos have the same issue with the Info List view.

Thanks, we'll look into and see if we can crack it once and for all Nod
Is there a way to set custom backgrounds for the Home screen, separate to the backgrounds used in the Movies, Videos, etc screens? What I mean is... If I go to the Skin settings, I can set a custom bg for Movies, but this sets the bg for both the Home screen (when the Movies button is hi-lighted), and also the bg for the Movies screen. I just want to set a custom bg that shows when the Movies button is hi-lighted (replacing the default pic of the cinema seats).

I see an option in the Skins settings called "Enable Custom BG's on Home" and that sounds like what I'm looking for, but then I can't find a way to actually specify the BG's I want to use... I also tried looking for the default BGs in the skin's folder, thinking that I could just replace them, but I wasn't able to find them.
dzerovibe Wrote:Is there a way to set custom backgrounds for the Home screen, separate to the backgrounds used in the Movies, Videos, etc screens? What I mean is... If I go to the Skin settings, I can set a custom bg for Movies, but this sets the bg for both the Home screen (when the Movies button is hi-lighted), and also the bg for the Movies screen. I just want to set a custom bg that shows when the Movies button is hi-lighted (replacing the default pic of the cinema seats).

I see an option in the Skins settings called "Enable Custom BG's on Home" and that sounds like what I'm looking for, but then I can't find a way to actually specify the BG's I want to use... I also tried looking for the default BGs in the skin's folder, thinking that I could just replace them, but I wasn't able to find them.

I thought placing your own images in the 'Media' folder would do what you want but I tried adding my own images for 'HomeBGMoviesRight.png' and 'HomeBGMoviesMid.png' and nothing happened.
dzerovibe Wrote:Is there a way to set custom backgrounds for the Home screen, separate to the backgrounds used in the Movies, Videos, etc screens? What I mean is... If I go to the Skin settings, I can set a custom bg for Movies, but this sets the bg for both the Home screen (when the Movies button is hi-lighted), and also the bg for the Movies screen. I just want to set a custom bg that shows when the Movies button is hi-lighted (replacing the default pic of the cinema seats).

If you set the movie background in the normal way and then select enable on home and also select hide custom backgrounds with movie views - that will then show the custom bg on home but not in movie screens.

Currently you can't have separate custom backgrounds for home and movie screens.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If you set the movie background in the normal way and then select enable on home and also select hide custom backgrounds with movie views - that will then show the custom bg on home but not in movie screens.

Currently you can't have separate custom backgrounds for home and movie screens.

Thanks for clearing up how these options work. I hadn't tried "Hide Custom BGs with Movie Views" because I thought it might also prevent the fan art from displaying. Good to see that's not the case Smile Will you be adding similar options to hide custom BGs with TV Shows and Videos views (and maybe others)?
dzerovibe Wrote:Thanks for clearing up how these options work. I hadn't tried "Hide Custom BGs with Movie Views" because I thought it might also prevent the fan art from displaying. Good to see that's not the case Smile Will you be adding similar options to hide custom BGs with TV Shows and Videos views (and maybe others)?

Yep, they'll get added soon
To everyone who build this: Awesome skin!!
After Project Mayhem III I thought I would never use another skin, but this totally rocks!

Thanks!!
I just wanted to chime in to say how awesome this skin is. When I first saw it, I was really bummed, as there was (at that point) no 4:3 support. Since they've added it, it's been my default skin on the ol' XBMC.

The additions in this newest version make it all the sweeter.

One question, though: Is there a way to up the font size for the episode/movie info? I'm on a regular tube TV, and it's near impossible to read the episode descriptions. I poked around, the other day, and couldn't find a way to set the font size a little higher. If there's not currently a way to do that, could something like that be implemented?
I'd like to make a request, if I may...

For several of my movies and TV shows, I have multiple fan art images. Can the skin make the background cycle through these, or perhaps pick one randomly, while a movie or show is hi-lighted? The files would be named

moviename-fanart.jpg
moviename-fanart2.jpg
etc...
With regard to the image on the projector screen -

a) Is it possible to stop it showing the original screen when transitioning between shows?

b) Thought about adding it to the Epsiode level?

c) On my PC some appear quite jaggy but don't on the Xbox (probably not a skin issue I know just wondered whether anyone else is getting this)?

Thanks.
d) Is it meant to only work in Wide mode?

And one other thing while I remember -

The Watched/Unwatched icons don't appear in List mode but do in all the other ones, is this how it's meant to be?
Is it possible to also add an option to Hide Thumbs in Music Vis OSD? With this option I would consider this skin as perfect! Smile
This is already possible with the info button.
Transmission3k Wrote:Is there a way to up the font size for the episode/movie info? I'm on a regular tube TV, and it's near impossible to read the episode descriptions. I poked around, the other day, and couldn't find a way to set the font size a little higher. If there's not currently a way to do that, could something like that be implemented?
System -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin Fonts

Change it to Bigger or Massive

dzerovibe Wrote:I'd like to make a request, if I may...

For several of my movies and TV shows, I have multiple fan art images. Can the skin make the background cycle through these, or perhaps pick one randomly, while a movie or show is hi-lighted? The files would be named

moviename-fanart.jpg
moviename-fanart2.jpg
etc...

As far as I know XBMC itself only supports one fanart image per movie but if that changes then we'd be happy to show whatever it provides.

Hitcher Wrote:With regard to the image on the projector screen -

a) Is it possible to stop it showing the original screen when transitioning between shows?
Not easily I think (or seamslessly)

Hitcher Wrote:b) Thought about adding it to the Epsiode level?
Will add it to our list of suggestions

Hitcher Wrote:c) On my PC some appear quite jaggy but don't on the Xbox (probably not a skin issue I know just wondered whether anyone else is getting this)?

That's due to the rotation of the images. I'm thinking about adding a drame around the image to try and soften any jaggy images

Hitcher Wrote:d) Is it meant to only work in Wide mode?
Currently yes, as it was first and foremost an experiment but as it seems to work we can think about implementing it throughout the tv views.

Hitcher Wrote:The Watched/Unwatched icons don't appear in List mode but do in all the other ones, is this how it's meant to be?

You're right it isn't shown for lists, mainly because we expected people would only use list view for files mode but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be added
With regard to the image on the projector screen -

Not easily I think (or seamslessly)

No worries.

b) Thought about adding it to the Epsiode level?

Will add it to our list of suggestions

By they way, I actually meant whether you'd consider it displaying the episode thumb instead of fanart at that level?

c) On my PC some appear quite jaggy but don't on the Xbox (probably not a skin issue I know just wondered whether anyone else is getting this)?

That's due to the rotation of the images. I'm thinking about adding a drame around the image to try and soften any jaggy images

That'd be great.

d) Is it meant to only work in Wide mode?

Currently yes, as it was first and foremost an experiment but as it seems to work we can think about implementing it throughout the tv views.

Thanks.

The Watched/Unwatched icons don't appear in List mode but do in all the other ones, is this how it's meant to be?

You're right it isn't shown for lists, mainly because we expected people would only use list view for files mode but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be added

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.91 Released0