No FanArt support in the original Project Mayhem III skin?
Question 
I thought that PM3 now also supports movie fanart.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36256

I am using T3CH build 2008-09-08. However I am having a hard time to get it to show in PM3. It works in other skins. (In PM3 skin I have it enabled in custom settings. I use libery mode and the fanart is scanned in the userdata dir). Is it then only still supported for TV series in PM3?

I guess I missed something?

Huh
Not in PM3.

You may be surprised once beta1 hits though Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

PM3.HD ? Rolleyes

R.
There is TV fanart. It looks great. I hope PM III gets movie fanart. Its still by far my favorite, most reliable, and easiest skin to navigate.
plankton88 Wrote:There is TV fanart. It looks great. I hope PM III gets movie fanart. Its still by far my favorite, most reliable, and easiest skin to navigate.

Agreed ++
I tried out the PM III HD skin last night it has movie fanart.
is there a way to enable movie fanart in pm III?
jarod71 Wrote:is there a way to enable movie fanart in pm III?

no
Jezz_X...I successfully ported the Move Fan art display mode from PM3 HD to PMIII and it seems to work like it is suppose to...My big question threw all the my trial and error coding is. Is there some kind of grid you work with? I found the biggest obstacle I had was the position on the screen and size from PM3 HD to PMIII.
Nope not really I basically know the layout and locations of all the elements since they are common through the skin and then I either work it out in my head maths wise or use a common old calculator (more the calculator than my head Smile )

But I will say probably about 20% (probably less) is just trial and error but useally when you get somthing like the background elements in the right place with guessing its easy to use a calculator to figure out the rest accurately.

Its really all about having a feel for the way it fits Smile

Also the biggest thing that makes it easy is Using the PC versions of XBMC that way you can edit the files directly and just bind a key to reload skin and you get instant update. Unlike having to ftp it to an xbox constantly
PrimusZa1 Wrote:Jezz_X...I successfully ported the Move Fan art display mode from PM3 HD to PMIII and it seems to work like it is suppose to...My big question threw all the my trial and error coding is. Is there some kind of grid you work with? I found the biggest obstacle I had was the position on the screen and size from PM3 HD to PMIII.

any plans to share that with the rest of us? I would live to see pmIII continue to be refined. it is 99.9% perfect now as it is...
jarod71 Wrote:any plans to share that with the rest of us? I would live to see pmIII continue to be refined. it is 99.9% perfect now as it is...

Sure...I got a little more tweaking to do with it (textures, ect) and I'll upload a copy. I'm also working on porting the new DVD Thunbnail view to PMIII too.

Jezz_X Wrote:Also the biggest thing that makes it easy is Using the PC versions of XBMC that way you can edit the files directly and just bind a key to reload skin and you get instant update. Unlike having to ftp it to an xbox constantly

Never thought about reloading the skin....Does that work when you change with the views or includes code? I get a instant update without leaving XBMC when I change the Video Nav. But I always have to exit then restart to see what happens with those..
PrimusZa1 Wrote:Never thought about reloading the skin....Does that work when you change with the views or includes code? I get a instant update without leaving XBMC when I change the Video Nav. But I always have to exit then restart to see what happens with those..

Some things update without reloading the skin. However when you change something for example that involves calling something in includes.xml you have to reload to see the changes.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:Sure...I got a little more tweaking to do with it (textures, ect) and I'll upload a copy. I'm also working on porting the new DVD Thunbnail view to PMIII too.

your my hero dude. good luck on your efforts. I am just getting into xml and the world of skinning, going through the tutorials now. it will be awhile before I can produce something great. looking forward to your progress!
I'll give it to you skinners this is not that easyEek Here's a few screen shots so far to show you that is is getting somewhere...

Image Image

Now for a question. How can I figure out what ID is still availible to use (other then picking a random number) The reason I am asking is that I had to lose the old DVDWrapView due to the fact that it was ID 56 too. I tried a few different numbers but all it did was make ALL the views go insto Fanart View:confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No FanArt support in the original Project Mayhem III skin?0