XBMC for Mac - Compile Error lost on me
looks like i was right to assume that 10.4 was already installed
although i never specifically installed it myself?
because it is now working woooo hoooo

thank for all your help
I'm sorry i was such a noob and made some really school boy mistakes
I'm am a php developer by trade and this whole compiling and dependancy things is a step learning curve for me
any how

couple of final things (again i apologise if these are seemingly obvious to you)
- when i build and go from xcode i dont get a xbmc logo in the dock, but do if i go and run from the build folder, is this normal
- how do i get it to build with out the system info text overlay? (i tried release config but still there)

again thanks for all your help
msaspence Wrote:looks like i was right to assume that 10.4 was already installed
although i never specifically installed it myself?
because it is now working woooo hoooo

thank for all your help
I'm sorry i was such a noob and made some really school boy mistakes
I'm am a php developer by trade and this whole compiling and dependancy things is a step learning curve for me
any how

couple of final things (again i apologise if these are seemingly obvious to you)
- when i build and go from xcode i dont get a xbmc logo in the dock, but do if i go and run from the build folder, is this normal
- how do i get it to build with out the system info text overlay? (i tried release config but still there)

again thanks for all your help

No problem, glad it working now. I always remind myself that we are all newbees at sometime Wink

Yes, when running from "XBMC" under XCode, the dock logo looks like a command-line app which is actually what is running. It's only when the XBMC binary is packaged into XBMC.app that the icon path is correct. It might also be correct if you have XBMC_HOME exported and double-click on the XBMC binary, I don't run that way so not sure.

Humm, "system info text overlay", I don't see anything on my builds like that. Can you post a screen shot somewhere? This is current SVN or close (within a week or two)? Maybe an older user setting in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/.
yeah i checked out the other day

its like fps and cpu usage

http://digitalintuition.co.uk/Picture%203.png
msaspence Wrote:yeah i checked out the other day

its like fps and cpu usage

http://digitalintuition.co.uk/Picture%203.png

check to see if you have an advancedsettings.xml in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/

if yes, then http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSettings.xml , see loglevel
There is no file there

if there was wouldn't it also be used for my already build xbmc which i downloaded
which doesnt have the info displayed
advancedsettings.xml is not generated automatically (as there are no GUI settings to control it), you need to create it manually, see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
Quote:The "advancedsettings.xml" file, which does not exist by default, may be created by a user in their "\UserData\" folder.
This file can contain additional settings and pre-defined values for the settings available in the GUI (thus removing them from the GUI settings screens).
"advancedsettings.xml" is useful for advanced/expert users and for installers.

NOTE! This file will not exist unless created by the end-user, meaning YOU!

The XBMC software will never write to this file, so any settings you define will not be overwritten by any XBMC GUI settings.
So you can only edit this file manually on your computer, via a text-editor (like Notepad in Windows or a XML-editor).
All the settings available outside of the GUI are documented on this page.

NOTE: This file is CaSe SeNsItIvE, so make sure you use all lower-case tags or they will not be read properly by XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
but if i dont have one there for sure the log level will be on the default 0
therefore i shouldnt see this fps, cpu info
You can enable debug logging in the GUI as well, under Settings.

...or maybe you have compiled it as debug and not a release? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yep that fixed it

thanks guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Mac - Compile Error lost on me0