Is there Official support now for HDR on Linux with Kodi Nexus?
Hi

Hopefully anyone of the Kodi team or anyone with concrete knowledge could clarify if there is now official support for HDR under Linux with the new Nexus release, as i was under the impression this was now supported, I'm on a rolling release for my HTPC and all hardware supports HDR and beyond, i tested some HDR content and it doesn't seem to flag my TV for HDR pass-through, is there anything that needs doing or setting to change in Kodi Nexus or package that needs to be installed.

Any suggestions or insight welcome.

Kind regards
HDR works under GBM, but only HDR10 & HLG.  DolbyVision doesn't work.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Appreciate the info regarding  GBM windowing and HDR my issue is that my current HTPC uses X11 and from what i can see there is no way to launch kodi (flatpak) with the GBM parameters unless i have missed something or you know of a way?
https://wiki.debian.org/Kodi hints at using kodi --windowing=(x11|gbm|wayland)
Thanks for the hint, Ive managed to come up with a command for the kodi flatpak but i just get an error on launch, Any suggestions?

/usr/bin/flatpak run tv.kodi.Kodi --standalone --windowing=gbm

ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting

kind regards
i dont use gbm or flatpak so i would just be regurgitating search results https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lightgbm+on+linux
flatpak runs sandboxed afaik so it has its own challenges
Appreciate the input, I will have to have a play around and see if i can find a solution or write some code or script for the flatpak version I'm quite sure it should be a little easier for the main build of the kodi package in the repo's ,  if i hopefully find the solution ill write a how to guide for other users.
did you find a solution to be able to run the kodi flatpak standalone using GBM?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there Official support now for HDR on Linux with Kodi Nexus?0