Default Select Action broken after v20 upgrade
(2023-08-06, 23:50)wawa79 Wrote:
(2023-08-06, 23:23)ksooo Wrote: @wawa79 here we go: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...on-x64.exe - For now, no fix intended, I only added some logging to check my assumptions.

Here is the result: Kodi Log
It reports "error : Unable to show item video information. Neither a scraper nor database info available"
That's what I thought. According to your log, for movies you only have "The Movie Database Python" scraper add-on installed. Matrix came with another scraper add-on "The Movie Database" which is no longer maintained, but could it be that your movie video sources are still configured to use the old scraper (without "Python" in its name)? If so, you would need to change the scraper add-on used for your movies to an add-on being actually installed in Nexus and to re-scrape your video library.

@wawa79 Can you please report back whether my assumption was true and whether the fix/workaround I suggested worked?

BTW: Please, don't shoot the messenger. I just write what I found out and what I believe the fix is. Not saying that the behavior not to inform the user about a missing scraper and the consequences is good or even intended.
@wawa79 if that's okay for you, please don't "fix" thee issue on your end for now (by changing scraper and re-scrape). I'm working on a code fix, which we need to test. So, we need your "broken" setup.
@wawa79 here is a test build that is supposed to fix the issue: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...on-x64.exe

Can you test and report back, please?
(2023-08-07, 13:06)ksooo Wrote: @wawa79 here is a test build that is supposed to fix the issue: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...on-x64.exe

Hi,
I just tested and it seem to fix the issue. Might this due to the fact that my skin was not Embuary (so the scraped was not the default) when upgrading from 19 to 20 ? 
Attached the log from your fixed version Kodi log
(2023-08-07, 20:04)wawa79 Wrote:
(2023-08-07, 13:06)ksooo Wrote: @wawa79 here is a test build that is supposed to fix the issue: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...on-x64.exe

Hi,
I just tested and it seem to fix the issue. Might this due to the fact that my skin was not Embuary (so the scraped was not the default) when upgrading from 19 to 20 ? 
Attached the log from your fixed version Kodi log

@wawa79 thanks for testing and confirming the fix working.

Regarding your question: The bug is skin-independent. Root cause is a scraper addon used in an older version of Kodi no longer being available in Nexus. I'm not an expert here, but it seems there are upgrade scenarios from Matrix to Nexus where the old scraper gets "lost" and this led to the problem you reported. The old scraper is still available in the official Kodi addon repository, it can be installed manually, but it is marked broken and unmaintained.
(2023-08-07, 00:01)ksooo Wrote:
(2023-08-06, 23:50)wawa79 Wrote: ...
That's what I thought. According to your log, for movies you only have "The Movie Database Python" scraper add-on installed. Matrix came with another scraper add-on "The Movie Database" which is no longer maintained, but could it be that your movie video sources are still configured to use the old scraper (without "Python" in its name)? If so, you would need to change the scraper add-on used for your movies to an add-on being actually installed in Nexus and to re-scrape your video library.

That would explain why mine suddenly started working as expected over the weekend. I moved some sources around and changed source type and obviously could now only select the non broken scraper.

After a rescan and clean of the library everything started working properly on my Android tablet again. I was just coming here to report that (not knowing why or how it had fixed itself) and saw these posts.
(2023-08-07, 20:16)Mnementh Wrote:
(2023-08-07, 00:01)ksooo Wrote:
(2023-08-06, 23:50)wawa79 Wrote: ...

That would explain why mine suddenly started working as expected over the weekend. I moved some sources around and changed source type and obviously could now only select the non broken scraper.

After a rescan and clean of the library everything started working properly on my Android tablet again. I was just coming here to report that (not knowing why or how it had fixed itself) and saw these posts.

@Mnementh thanks for letting me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Select Action broken after v20 upgrade0