Default Select Action broken after v20 upgrade
(2023-03-06, 21:25)ksooo Wrote:
(2023-03-06, 20:14)jepsizofye Wrote: the default select action generally only applies to local sources in kodi, file:// smb:// nfs://
it is largely unused when accessing media from addons which is what i suspect we'll see in the Debug Log should the user ever provide it

And the behavior changed with Nexus?
likely not but users are always inaccurately attributing issues to an updated version so i ignore it most of the time

it could have changed with an addon update though. without a log who the hell knows.
(2023-03-06, 20:14)jepsizofye Wrote: the default select action generally only applies to local sources in kodi, file:// smb:// nfs://
it is largely unused when accessing media from addons which is what i suspect we'll see in the Debug Log should the user ever provide it
In my case I was absolutely using local sources only, I don't use any un-allowed addons. Unfortunately as I mentioned I had to drop back to Matrix on both my Shields due to other issues so have no way to provide a log at this point. Just wanted to indicate that I was seeing the same behavior. In my testing I dropped back to Matrix on one of my Shields, tested the few issues I was seeing using Nexus (including this one) to verify I was not experiencing the same issues with Matrix, and then went ahead and reverted to Matrix on the other Shield too. Honestly this specific issue is not a big deal for me as I only keep a small library of 30 or so movies around just for testing. I don't use Kodi for Movies or TV anymore, just music.

I completely understand that nothing can be done without a debug log, makes perfect sense. Since everything I use is working fine with Matrix I'll probably just keep using it until a Nexus point release comes along and then test again.
once again my attempt to provide additional information that may be useful in a context of the issue has resulted in people assuming im wrong just because i dont have a team kodi badge

its tiresome, really

estuary from a widget on the main page will not follow default selection action

embuary either

within library views it will

within addons it doesnt

there is no unification for default select action because not many people code for it, rather just use player commands to open the current listitem
I tested with Estuary and the problem persists. I used my Harmony remote and my Shield TV remote and same problem. I have 3 shield units and all 3 no longer work properly. I downgraded all 3 to Matrix because of this issue, not being able to see episode names in LiveTV (yes this issue was skin related but works fine in Matrix), and my units still can’t resume VC-1 files even though this was supposed to be fixed in 20?
Without other information than „do no longer work properly“ I’m afraid we cannot help and you will be stuck with Matrix forever, sorry.

EDIT: and please do not start discussing unrelated other issues in this thread. Thanks.
Hi there, I followed the instructions best I could and I think this is what you’re looking for: https://paste.kodi.tv/eqijetafok.kodi

This is with the Aeon Silvo skin Kodi 20.1. Default select action initiates playback instead of show information. After the 20.1 upgrade I can also no longer update my library, it says it’s doing it but it doesn’t actually scan the movie directories or add anything.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sorry about that, I don’t even use that add-on. I’ll remove it from the system and get a new log for you.
Here’s the new log file. Thanks

https://paste.kodi.tv/eqijetafok.kodi

Again, sorry about that.
Any progress on this issue? This issue still persists on 20.1.
I had absolutely no problems with Leia, with all the skins. Leia has been a nightmare with several skins due to add-ons. Clean installed several times to no avail. Now I use only Plex. It is easy to use, faster &, although not as configurable as kodi, more reliable. Plus I can watch from anywhere.
(2023-03-26, 16:35)insync44 Wrote: I had absolutely no problems with Leia, with all the skins.
(2023-03-26, 16:35)insync44 Wrote: Leia has been a nightmare with several skins due to add-ons.
Huh
I have the same issue.
Default select action is "Show information"
Selecting a movie in the movies section starts it.
Selecting a movie from the latest added at the home screen shows information (used to be the other way around)
And resuming movies does not work any more, always starts from the beginning not the latest point where I was.

Confirmed this behaviour on both LibreELEC and Google TV.
Only add-ons installed is from the official repo (retrospect and twitch)
(2023-04-07, 15:45)Mr. White Wrote: I have the same issue.
Default select action is "Show information"
Selecting a movie in the movies section starts it.
Selecting a movie from the latest added at the home screen shows information (used to be the other way around)
And resuming movies does not work any more, always starts from the beginning not the latest point where I was.

Confirmed this behaviour on both LibreELEC and Google TV.
Only add-ons installed is from the official repo (retrospect and twitch)

look at estuary settings - https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Settings

under main menu items, change the various default select actions for the sections in question, observe if it changes the behavior youre describing
I'm using Confluence and all select actions are set to show information.
It works for tv-shows.
Also noted that resume does not work correctly. If I choose a movie I started earlier it will not resume but start from the beginning if choosing from the movie section.
If choosing from the resently added in the main window it shows information and let's me resume from where I was.

Been using Kodi for years and this is a bit backwards from how it usually works.
I would expect this behavior
Insta start from resently added with the question to resume if it was a show/movie I started earlier.
In each subsection /tv series / Movies) show info and resume where stopped when choosing to play (if I have started it earlier)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Select Action broken after v20 upgrade0