Backend that supports encrypted OTA CI+ playback ??
Hi,

I have been using DVBLink / Mosaic for many years with my Kodi setup.
I have a TBS 6290SE tuner card:
https://tbs-technology.de/produkte/dvb/6...r/?lang=en

I have used a CI module and a smart card in the CI to subscribe to my "pay" / encrypted channels.
I have used the DVBLink plugin / addin to Kodi, which has been working perfectly.

But I have seen also that Mosaic is closing, so now whan I am upgrading my server HW I was planning to change my backend to something else.

NextPVR was recommended, but I don't think that it works with encrypted channels.
It works fine with my FreeToAir channels on my TBS tuner card, but when I choose a encrypted channel (that works on DVBLink) it doesn't work.

Pls guide:
Am I doing anything wrong? Should it work on NextPVR?
Should I choose another Backend that supports CI/encrypted channels?
Do I have to run DVBLink? Which is not supported anymore..

Thanks

/Jonas
Just an update, I watch TV in Sweden, on DVB-T2
It is not clear what platform you are using for the backend. For Windows, I suggest looking at a SAT>IP box or another standalone device that supports CI+.  NextPVR only has support for Digital Device tuners and only on Windows, but the author has worked with users, if you want to provide access and follow up on the NextPVR forum as the author suggested here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid551259  That is subject to his time too.

You can also look at running minisatip for backends that support SAT>IP or  TVHeadend on another Linux system

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply, and very much sorry for being un-precise and also wrong in my heading.

My setup that works is based upon a Win 8 server. With DVBLink 6.0 Backend / TBS 6290SE with CI (NOT CI+).
(This setup works today with encrypted channels).

My new setup that I try to run, is the same TBS DVB-T2, tuner card (with CI), running on Win 11.
It works with NextPVR and the Free to Air channels, but NOT with encrypted channels.

So what does DVBLink / Mosaik do, that NextPVR does not?
And shuld I select a different Backend for my Win 11 setup?

Thanks again.
I am not sure what your question is.  I already noted you would need to work with sub the author of NextPVR to see if he could support your card and there are no guarantees.  If you don't want to do that, yes look at another backend.

Martin
Ahh, ok so then I understand that NextPVR doesn't support CI and encrypted channels.

So then my question, is there any other PVR Backend that I should select instead that works with CI and encrypted channels on Win? (Other than DVBLink)

Pls suggest..

Thanks
Maybe tvheadend. Needs a linux ecosystem though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backend that supports encrypted OTA CI+ playback ??0