Android Cannot Run Video add-ons
I have tried to install several video add-ons from the Kodi library, and none of them will work.  Two specific examples are the Fox news add-on and the Cooking Channel add-on.  When I try to run any of the video add-ons, I just get an error that says to check the log for more info.  I see some Python errors there, but I really have no idea what I am looking at.

Log here:  https://paste.kodi.tv/okocukepam

I am running Kodi 20.0 on a MECOOL Android TV 11 box
I am having the exact same issue with NHK World and PBS Kids (both free and legal to be clear), Kodi 20.0 running directly on my Hisense TV. But I am seeing different Python errors in my log.
I got it working! Here's how. Good luck, hope it works for you as well.
Thanx danfish, but your information did not fix my original two add-ons at all for me.  I made the changes you referenced to the t1mlib.py file, and it does fix the PBS Kids and NHK Live addons, but does nothing at all for the Fox News or Cooking add-ons.

As I noted in the other thread where you detailed your fixes:
I did install and test the PBS Kids and NHK Live add-ons that others have referenced, and they DO work with the updated t1mlib.py file.  So I am guessing there is more to do for different video add0ons?  I see that in kodaksmith's original post about how to do the needed changes for python with Kodi 20.0, he mentioned editing some 'EXAMPLENAME' scraper.py files, but I cannot see anything there about what specific changes are needed to those files.

Can anyone else help describing how to make any necessary changes to the scraper files?  I have figured out how to download the .zip files for the add-ons and how to edit the scraper files and update them in Kodi, but the technical details of the errors in the log files and what changes are needed is beyond me.  Apparently the Fox News and Cooking Channel issues go deeper than just the html.parser problem.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the official add-ons to be fixed for Kodi 20.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Run Video add-ons0