List View on Kodi v20.0
Apologies if this thread already exists but I searched and could not locate one.
My Minix android box auto-updated to v20.0 and as a result has unfortunately changed my menu view to thumbnails. I've searched through the menu items and cannot find any reference to getting my list view back. It is really annoying as the thumbnails on files are really hard to read and identify which file is which. Most of the titles are not aligned to the thumbnail image and are cut off so it's very hard to know which file you are opening until you've done just that.
Hoping someone can please explain how I can get my list view back for my Minix android box. TIA
Given over 150 views and no replies there's clearly no fix for this in v20.0 
The only fix I've been able to find is removing this version and re-installing v19 before promptly disabling auto-updates.
that was a long a** time to wait for a 0.04ns search result

check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju_ysMJXgEQ

(disclaimer: the advice is all that is valid in that video, whatever content is contained in that guy's kodi isnt being advertised or endorsed)
(2023-02-05, 01:57)jepsizofye Wrote: that was a long a** time to wait for a 0.04ns search result

check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju_ysMJXgEQ

(disclaimer: the advice is all that is valid in that video, whatever content is contained in that guy's kodi isnt being advertised or endorsed)
And that was a "long a** time" to wait to post this reply which doesn't help after the fact. 
My alternative was something I'd known about but wasn't posting in the hope there was a fix for v20.0 rather than reverting back to v19.
That youtube video is not a fix either. It doesn't apply to the menu options on my android device nor does it address the issue stated in my thread.
your question i read was how do i change from thumbnails listview
my answer was shown in the video where opening the left menu changes the listview
the video is 6 years old but the behavior has not changed, my Kodi is Nexus v20 ON android and the left menu still works

what did i miss?
oh and im not on anyone's schedule i could have waited another 6 years to reply

<---- NOT TEAM KODI
What skin?
There's certainly no known problem with list view's, so lack of replies is probably people not understanding what the problem is. Try to remember we are not in the room with you, so can't see what's happening.

So as asked in previous post, what skin are you using?
Where precisely within the UI are you encountering this problem? you mention a menu, but what menu is this?
Can you take a picture so we can see exactly what you are seeing?
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.
I would have included pics but have since wound the version back to v19 so can't replicate the issue sorry. I believe it was the Confluence skin in v20.0 and for some reason I could not pull the menu from the side to then navigate to thumbnail V's list view. That was the issue so I couldn't change it. To make matters worse, the thumbnails were only really a folder icon with all text cut off so I couldn't read what the actual titles were for both folders and files. The full thumbnail image of the title was not shown so you had to play the file to see what it was.
All I can assume from reading the posts above is that the possible issue was with Kodi running on my android device (Minix) and perhaps not the software issue on it's own entirely.
Again, thanks for the reply posts above for the advice. I'll stick with V19 (Matrix) for now and maybe try it again in the next version update.
(2023-02-06, 01:17)Hitcher Wrote: What skin?

Confluence I think it was.
oh ok i see what i missed.
well heres what happened...

see my crystal ball broke down that day so i didnt know the default skin had been changed to confluence or that the left menu in that skin was broken

the mechanic told me he ordered the part to fix it and i gave him down payment for it, he said he will let me know when it comes in

until he phones me to say its ready, please provide all the information required and note anything out of the normal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List View on Kodi v20.00