Compiling xbmc for windows
Hello all, all morning I have been trying to comlile the SVN for windows following the WIKI using VC++ 2008. I have yet to compile a working .exe file yet. I have no clue what is going on.

Is there a reason why the svn's are not released in .exe format? It would be a lot easier for most of us I would think but maybe I am missing something.

Thank you so much, just need a little insight thats all.
Could you tell how far you get using the wiki? Otherwise it's really just guessing where the problem lies.
Once you have it set up it will be really easy to create a new build anytime you want to.
Question 
kcmoney13 Wrote:Is there a reason why the svn's are not released in .exe format?
Are you referring to this? => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452

If not then what do you mean exactly? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am actually referring to this one:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Comp...ss_Edition

Is there another step by step one. I went through all the steps and it looked like it compiled it with a couple errors. But when i tried to run the debugger it said it couldnt find xbmc.exe.

I must be doing something wrong. Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to the compiling and debugging stuff
fixed. Forgot to commit a file.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
haha figures the first one i try doesnt work haha. well I will try again and see what happens

Thanks
Just tried to redownload the svn source files using tortoise again and it keeps giving me an error and says it was stopped by host. Any ideas.
Any SVN download errors are simply due to sourceforge. Sometimes it timesout. Just retry.

well i redownloaded it all and tried again I am still getting a couple errors:

1>zlib.lib(zutil.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _malloc imported in function _zcalloc
1>zlib.lib(zutil.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _free imported in function _zcfree

and this:
1>XBMC\Debug (SDL)\XBMC.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

looks like it still cannot find xbmc.exe, i looked all through the folders and when it built the project I dont think xbmc.exe was even created. Can someone please please help me out. Thanks in advance
the first ones are warnings and won't harm the build process. The fatal error is the problem but it misses some more information about which external symbols are failed to link.
WiSo Wrote:the first ones are warnings and won't harm the build process. The fatal error is the problem but it misses some more information about which external symbols are failed to link.

Same problem here-same two warnings but then this

libSQLite3_win32.lib(printf.obj) : LNK2019: unresolved external sysmbol __fto12_sse referenced in function _et_getdigit

Release (SDL)/../../../XBMC.exe :fatal error LNK2019: 1 unresolved externals

Any clues

Cheers
My fault. We slightly abandon support for vs2003. libsqlite was compiled with vs2008 and only links with it. I wasn't aware of that but would recommend to use vs2008.
WiSo Wrote:My fault. We slightly abandon support for vs2003. libsqlite was compiled with vs2008 and only links with it. I wasn't aware of that but would recommend to use vs2008.

Thanks, I'll grab a copy and give it a go!

I'm still compiling Xbox versions, do you know if i can run VS2003 and VS2008 concurrently
Yes, you can run them concurrently.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes, you can run them concurrently.

Thanks Smile

Edit: Installed Visual Studio C++ Express checked all the dependancies and am still getting the same error

libSQLite3_win32.lib(printf.obj) : LNK2019: unresolved external sysmbol __fto12_sse referenced in function _et_getdigit

Release (SDL)/../../../XBMC.exe :fatal error LNK2019: 1 unresolved externals

If I Build the solution using VS2008 I have no problems, just can't get the Build.bat to work. obviuosly I am doing something wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling xbmc for windows0