v20 PSA for skinners
FYI, I noticed quite a few skins in the nexus repo are still using the now defunct boolean: Player.DisplayAfterSeek

Changes to the skinning engine for Kodi Nexus
Skins from the Matrix repo are automatically "pushed forward" to Nexus, so if you're looking at the skins list in Kodi, you'll see both.  This is still a good reminder for skin (and add-on) authors to review changes for each version of Kodi, but what you're seeing might not be as much "nobody paid attention" as "the old skins are still usable in Nexus."

I just checked the Nexus skin repo, and there are three skins there that have specific Nexus versions in the Nexus repo (skin.arctic.zephyr.mod, skin.rapier, and skin.tetradui).  Of those, the last two seem to have been updated or aren't using that function.  The first is using the removed functionality, and that probably should have gotten caught during code review when the PR was submitted.  The trick is that code review tends to focus on changes, so it's hard for the reviewer to go looking for every instance of something that has been removed, especially in cases like this where the skin doesn't flat out break as much as behave unexpectedly in certain situations.
Confluence has been broken by this. I've just posted the solution in the Confluence thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PSA for skinners0