• 4(current)
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
got it using a proxy anonymizer.. lookin forward to trying this

s
Slipx Wrote:I am having the same problem, but only for showcase and info views. Showcase view gives me a grey background even though I have setup my movies background folder correctly. The info view just gives me a black screen as background. Other than that nice work!

glad it's not just me then! If this was sorted it would be my default skin. Oh and the view when you pause a movie displaying the dvd cover in the middle rather than the side (this also happens to me when I view a tv show in showcase - i.e. the whole series dvd - the dvd cover does not move to the side it stays in the middle)
xbmc.01 Wrote:I'm having a strange issue... i can't figure out why this is happening... when i'm in showcase view for movies, and i pause on a movie the movie info comes up but the cover art stays in the same place... it doesn't move to the left of the screen... what's going now?

Looks like an out of memory issue. Try restarting the xbox and if it still continues run xbmc in debug mode to check memory levels (I'm sure you know the required levels xbmc.01 Wink)

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:Looks like an out of memory issue. Try restarting the xbox and if it still continues run xbmc in debug mode to check memory levels (I'm sure you know the required levels xbmc.01 Wink)

I would disagree - I am running on a HTPC with dual core athlon and 4gb memory...
idlerobbo Wrote:I would disagree - I am running on a HTPC with dual core athlon and 4gb memory...

In that case, I would agree with your disagreement.

How did you setup the skin? I added the skin as 'Horizonz' with a clean slate on the settings, then set up from scratch. Haven't encountered any of the above problems.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Excellent work - all Aeon was missing was a couple of nice view for Music.. well done
try clear your skin settings in the guisettings.xml
anything between <skinsettings></skinsettings>
R111 Wrote:try clear your skin settings in the guisettings.xml
anything between <skinsettings></skinsettings>

I've tried doing this... when i delete everything between the <skinsettings> tag... and do a restart... the same info appears in the xml file...

i'm doing this via ftp... after i delete the info... i restart the system... and BAM.. the same shit i deleted shows up again

can anyone help.. i'd really like to use this skin...
Am I wrong, or does the cd cover view not work in file mode? Any way of changing this?
xbmc.01 Wrote:I've tried doing this... when i delete everything between the <skinsettings> tag... and do a restart... the same info appears in the xml file...

i'm doing this via ftp... after i delete the info... i restart the system... and BAM.. the same shit i deleted shows up again

can anyone help.. i'd really like to use this skin...

Are you positive you're overwriting the file on the xbox when you're done deleting? I'm guessing you're saving the changes, but they're only saving on the pc and not being transferred back to the xbox.
xbmc.01 Wrote:I'm having a strange issue... i can't figure out why this is happening... when i'm in showcase view for movies, and i pause on a movie the movie info comes up but the cover art stays in the same place... it doesn't move to the left of the screen... what's going now?

Same thing happens to me, both with this mod and the regular AEON. I'm running plex... but since it happens in the regular AEON i dunno what can be done about it.
Hey...just a suggestion...

What if you had the info display in videos start out like this, and then pop up on hover to display the full deal?

And while I'm thinking of it...maybe make a 1/2 second delay on the backart changes just so that you can scroll through the movies quicker. Scrolling for me is slightly jerky because it loads the fanart right away...

Otherwise, this is a really cool mod. I like the subtle touches...and the xbox friendliness. Big Grin
xb2iris,
like the mods... 2 questions...

1) is there any way to remove the 'cases' around the DVDs, CDs? I like the small borders better (just my preference)

2) Are you planning on making a better time/date for the home page? I think the current one is really outdated and not matching the theme at this point.

thx for contributing to make the community better!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Is there a reason for Showcase view to not show up when in File mode? It was my favourite view. And I'm not using the library. Please put it back in Movies and TV. And if possible, also in Music.
xb2iris, you did a fantastic job on this mod!

Just played with it this morning and i really really like it Nod Those showcase views are great. And i must say my oldskool xbox handles this mod very smooth.

As mentioned before in this topic, i'm also missing the audio and video options in the dvdmenu. I really hope you can implement these features (i need to select Dutch subtitles while watching my movies Rolleyes)

P.S.: i hope you don't mind, but i made an instant download mirror for this great mod:

--------------------------------------------------

>>> Horizonz_-_An_Aeon_Mod.rar
--------------------------------------------------
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread4