• 64(current)
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
Tension113 Wrote:Hooray for me not bothering to empty my recycle bin.. Found it..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kku5ss

This is the original file I uploaded with just the showcase fix.. Back up your files just in case..

I've been messing around with the comic and pictures sections.. Not sure If anyone else uses the comic section besides me, but I got the backdrops working for those sections and managed to seperate them a little better.. (my comic section would always go to whatever I was looking at last in the pictures section) I'd like to use different frames for comics than pictures too, but still trying to figure that one out..
There is a small 'mistype bug' in the skin, sounds like you may have come across it.
When you setup a path for Comics in the Horizonz settings, the comicpath is not working properly because in Customisation.xml, it is coded as "comicspath" whereas in the Homescrollers.xml it is coded as "comicpath".
I resolved this in my skin by editing Homescrollers.xml file and replacing "comicpath" with "comicspath".

cheers
bionic1234 Wrote:There is a small 'mistype bug' in the skin, sounds like you may have come across it.
When you setup a path for Comics in the Horizonz settings, the comicpath is not working properly because in Customisation.xml, it is coded as "comicspath" whereas in the Homescrollers.xml it is coded as "comicpath".
I resolved this in my skin by editing Homescrollers.xml file and replacing "comicpath" with "comicspath".

cheers

I did see that Smile
I found a number of instances like that.. In the Homescroller file there's a reset for 'programpics', but everywhere else it's referred to as 'picturepics'

I almost have it the way I want it.. The picture and comic sections are separate from each other and I'm using the dvd frames in showcase for the comic section.. Only thing is I don't like the thumbs xbmc generates for cbr/cbz files.. Dunno how to get by that yet other than making folder.jpgs for all 2000 of my comics.. Huh
Tension113 Wrote:Dunno how to get by that yet other than making folder.jpgs for all 2000 of my comics.. Huh
Separate folders and folder.jpgs is how I organize my collection, I'm not sure of any other way

Your views sound pretty cool, any chance you may post a pic?
Still working on it, but here's how I have it so far.. I've realized showcase view for file mode is screwy, depending how many files are in the folder.. For whatever reason if there are less than 10 items in a folder, it won't wrap the thumbs around correctly.. Still can't figure out why..

But anyway, I found a script for the ComicRack program that extracts the first image from each comic, name's it filename.tbn, and saves it to whatever folder the comic is in.. Was able to do them all in one shot.. Only way I know how to make it work for now..

Just need a working database and fanart support and I'll be set Smile
Tension113 Wrote:Still working on it, but here's how I have it so far..

Oh, please, could you please share this (and the link to the comicrack script, please!!!!) Most than anything I like having higher-than-wider thumbs as shown in your screens!
theotocopulitos Wrote:Oh, please, could you please share this (and the link to the comicrack script, please!!!!) Most than anything I like having higher-than-wider thumbs as shown in your screens!

Here's my ComicRack script
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post293208

Still working on the skin, but I'll be making it available.. I wasn't going to bother since I figured no one else really cared about comics in Xbmc..
Definitively some great work on your skin edit - I really like the casings that you use around the comics and the tall versus wide stretched as well.

Comic support in XBMC just isn't marketed like all of the other 1000s of features, still a great feature for those of us that use it.
Tension113 Wrote:Here's my ComicRack script
So many thanks... please do make it available whenever you think it is woth sharing, please!!!
Tension113 Wrote:Here's my ComicRack script

Still working on the skin, but I'll be making it available.. I wasn't going to bother since I figured no one else really cared about comics in Xbmc..

And can you please tell me where you got those wonderful backdrops!?!?
TerranQ Wrote:And can you please tell me where you got those wonderful backdrops!?!?

I'll be putting together a Comic backdrop pack soon.. I have a few now, but I'm making a bunch more..
Hey all I'm sure this was mentioned some where, but I can't seem to find it. I loved the Aeon III skin, and I want to upgrade to the Horizonz IV. The problem I'm having is that I really liked the dvd case frame way better then the bulgy new frame that comes with IV. What I did was I just took the textures.xpr file from III and moved it into IV which worked. I was able to see the dvd frames now, but the problem I have now is in info mode in the library when the info shows up there's no black background behind the text so it's really hard to read. Does anyone know how else I can get the dvd frames into the Horizonz skin, so I wont have this readability problem? Thanks guys I would post an image but photobuck is currently down.
If your after the frames download here http://www.mediafire.com/?hlymkydh3mu just drop the file in your media folder and select it under appearance / skin themeBig Grin job sorted
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks for the link, but it gives me the same problem photobucket is back up here's the screen shot I took to show what my problem is with Horizonz with the Aeon III frames. Thanks for the help.

Powerblaster Wrote:Thanks for the link, but it gives me the same problem photobucket is back up here's the screen shot I took to show what my problem is with Horizonz with the Aeon III frames. Thanks for the help.

Did you put the original texture file back?

Also, do many people use file mode? I've slowly been going through all the views and fixing what isn't working, but there's a lot wrong in file mode.. Mainly the Tv Show views.. It'd be cool to have everything fully working, but does anyone use it?
I use library mode for music, movies and tv, but there is a certain kind of video that i don't want scraped into my library and popping up in my movies list. Would love it if video files showcase was fixed tension.
Pete.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread4