• 2(current)
Android Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)
@hdmkv and @fritsch
if you are going to get in depth on this i think it would be pertinent to note that the firetv has different settings for audio output and this can affect tests

settings available are "best available/pcm/dolby digital plus/dolby digital"

it may also be pertinent to note that there is an audio sync setting in firetv where audio sync issues can be adjusted at the system level

for the audio output settings see here - https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-fire-tv-...ot-working (ignore the topic of the article and focus on its content)

for the audio sync settings see here - https://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-...ent-option

for my setup my audio output is set to PCM - YMMV

only in regards to things outside kodi's control, leaving the kodi stuff to team-kodi regarding this
Think "Best Available' is what needs to be selected to get proper passthrough. I've tried the synch settingg w/the bouncing ball & it's perfect at default.
The tests would be benefitial that I asked for - to see if the Adjust Refreshrate is causing an issue in their state machine ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just tested using kodi-20230211-378fd55f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and 24p and TrueHD/ATMOS + DTS MA/X are working great! Have 'Adjust display refresh rate' enabled, 'Sync playback to display' disabled, and for audio, using the recommended 'Kodi IEC packer'. 'Keep audio device alive' is at the default 1 Minute.

What's great is I'm getting Dolby Vision to work. The only reason I was using the Maven Kodi 20 build was for this purpose, but now w/nightly 21, it isn't needed. Looks like I can finally retire my Shield TV Pro... fingers crossed Amazon doesn't muck up anything w/future f/w updates.

@fritsch, please LMK if you still want me to run any tests and post logs.
Urghs ... do you just tell me that Maven's build caused those issues? And now everything is "ultra great" without a single issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As you are on the master now: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...64-v8a.apk - this will be tomorrow's master + one fix for Dolby Transcoding which is getting very slowish into our master ... If you don't use AC3 Transcoding, no need to install this build at all ... just wait for tomorrow's nightly which has some additional TrueHD A/V sync fixes.
Great, thanks.

On the issue, could be Maven, or may be the issue was related to Kodi 20. I can test w/official 20 and let you know if that's helpful.
As I did not change a single thing in DTS since Nexus was released inside AESinkAudioTrack I doubt that ... good that it works now. For the builds out there: All the best to the builders. For reproducing kodi bugs -> I sadly need it from versions where I know what code is in there.
So - let's hope ... it continues to work - I just "shot one" ... finding it 15% price reduced via mydealz.
(2023-02-11, 23:17)fritsch Wrote: So - let's hope ... it continues to work - I just "shot one" ... finding it 15% price reduced via mydealz.
Awesome, let us know how it goes! Big Grin

I'll definitely be interested in the Fire TV Cube in the future if it keeps getting better, and if Nvidia decides to abandon the Shield. If it can play all the formats that the Shield can, and without the Shield's awful 90 ms jumps, that would be ideal. I'll probably consider jumping in when Fire TV Cube 4th gen comes out. Smile

EDIT: Current deal-breakers for me are: Only 2 GB Memory, no Gigabit Ethernet Port, and only one USB Port (and it's only USB 2.0 yikes).
(2023-02-11, 22:28)hdmkv Wrote: Just tested using kodi-20230211-378fd55f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and 24p and TrueHD/ATMOS + DTS MA/X are working great! Have 'Adjust display refresh rate' enabled, 'Sync playback to display' disabled, and for audio, using the recommended 'Kodi IEC packer'. 'Keep audio device alive' is at the default 1 Minute.

What's great is I'm getting Dolby Vision to work. The only reason I was using the Maven Kodi 20 build was for this purpose, but now w/nightly 21, it isn't needed. Looks like I can finally retire my Shield TV Pro... fingers crossed Amazon doesn't muck up anything w/future f/w updates.

@fritsch, please LMK if you still want me to run any tests and post logs.

I just installed the same build as you and I'm getting audio dropouts and video freezing unless I set the Passthrough output to RAW and have "Sync playback to display" enabled.
I will grab logs later once the edibles wear off  Oo
Debug Log time for both of you, please.
Also please compare your settings (Refreshrate Delay, PT formats, advancedsettings hacks, cube sw version)
Here you go - https://privatebin.net/?db1b2a1623936861...y12tKYn52n

Passthrough:  IEC/Kodi IEC Packer
Adjust display refresh rate:  on start/stop
Sync playback to display:  off
keep audio device alive: 1 min
send low volume noise:  on
delay after change of refresh rate: 3.0 seconds

advancedsettings: nothing but disable splash and disable ipv6
Fire cube version: Gen3, OS version 7.6.1.3 (PS76713/3688)
(2023-02-12, 07:39)Aenima99x Wrote: Here you go - https://paste.kodi.tv/mujuhoqoji

Passthrough:  IEC/Kodi IEC Packer
Adjust display refresh rate:  on start/stop
Sync playback to display:  off
keep audio device alive: 1 min
send low volume noise:  on
delay after change of refresh rate: 3.0 seconds

advancedsettings: nothing but disable splash and disable ipv6
Fire cube version: Gen3, OS version 7.6.1.3 (PS76713/3688)

Another one trying several different formats - https://privatebin.net/?db1b2a1623936861...y12tKYn52n

HW-Delay and HeadPosition disagree heavily ... please get me the same log with this build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...bi-v7a.apk

This time, please only play one sample that produces the issue. Thanks much.
It's the same effect as seen in the first log ... System waits a long time and then only tries to start stuff. This effect seems to be IEC only ... wondering if they miscalculate bytes and frames under the hood. Cause of IEC it's frames while it is bytes for the other.
And also please tell me if everything works if you don't switch refresh rates. As well as the question in first Log.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)0