• 23(current)
Android Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)
(2023-08-24, 00:30)hdmkv Wrote:
(2023-08-23, 07:14)fritsch Wrote:
(2023-08-23, 00:16)hdmkv Wrote: So, Kodi IEC with DTS-MA & TrueHD is still available/working? If so, and only refresh rate is broken, could be Amazon introduced a bug w/this latest firmware as they've supported refresh rate switching in their own Prime Video app, other apps.

Or not. I actually think that nothing changed. I will check on my system when I am back home.
Waiting with baited breath Huh to see if I need to block Amazon f/w updates or not Smile. Hope they don't ruin a really good local media + streaming box.

It was clear to me from the start, that such stuff could happen. But hey, was some nice months until now :-).

I will be back on Sunday, will see if I get the update and check for refresh rate switching.

Hope dies last. On another point: would be good to see if they also fixed something. Like the Sink delay bug that we workaround.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Decided to not risk it & block updates on 1 of my 3 Cubes, just the one connected to my home theater. Other two less worried about as they connect to regular 4K TVs w/non HD audio soundbars.
I installed this firmware on mine : FireOS 7.6.1.3 (PS7613/3701)​ (xda method)
And blocked all updates.

Everything works fine here : HDR, Dolby/DTS HD passthrough.

Thanks again to the Kodi dev team <3
My f/w was PS7646/3550​, which I assume is newer than yours? It's I think the last version before the latest PS7652/3556​ being pushed out with the potential problems.
I am on: Fire OS 7.6.5.2 (PS7652/3556).

For me all Refreshrates and all Audio Codecs are still working.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, that's a relief.
I jus bought a new one today and it shows 7.2.9.9 with lots of missing features like no ntfs support , true hd etc…
And I can’t get it to update . Hi had downloaded few apps and enabled developer option by any chance this could be reason , I doubt but wanted to check
Should I wait or manually install or return ? Kindly suggest
(2023-08-26, 14:29)fritsch Wrote: I am on: Fire OS 7.6.5.2 (PS7652/3556).

For me all Refreshrates and all Audio Codecs are still working.

Notice any improvements?
No idea. Only tested briefly if I still get Atmos, TrueHD, DTS-HD and proper refreshrate switching from 60 hz to 24p, which was still working.
Any further update from anyone as for now I don’t see this update being issue hd everywhere but eventually it might come and wanted to be prepared
What is consensus is 7.6.5.2 working without breaking and what is changelog published by Amazon
Is anyone still on PS7652/3556?  If so I can rebuild the firmware so that we can compare PS7256 and PS7646.

I would need PS7652/3556 and not PS7652/3564 which was pushed out last week.  So it's going to be time sensitive, because if you are still in PS7652/3556, it won't be for more than another a day or three.
Checked for an update a few times over last couple days, and my latest keeps showing:
Small update for Users - like me - who needed to switch between Kodi IEC packer for all but (E)AC3 and Android IEC packer for E(AC3):
With 7.6.5.2 you don't need this anymore. You can always use the Kodi IEC packer now.

Also outside of Kodi a few things fixed for users who had that compatibility issue:
TrueHD with ATMOS also works now on other Android Apps (tested on VLC and Plex, which always transcoded to OPUS)
And on Diagnostics it now shows Dolby MAT yes instead no
Hello everyone
I have got latest fw 7.6.5.2 from Amazon directly and I have weird problem with usb hub which is external powered thru micro usb
Everyone my cube turns off/sleeps I lose power on usb port and doesn’t come back . Only after multiple power cycles / reboots it enumerates again but no pattern
Very crazy pls help what might be going wrong
(2023-09-05, 23:26)jojodat Wrote: Small update for Users - like me - who needed to switch between Kodi IEC packer for all but (E)AC3 and Android IEC packer for E(AC3):
With 7.6.5.2 you don't need this anymore. You can always use the Kodi IEC packer now.
Mine finally updated to 7.6.5.2 and all is good with HD audio passthrough & refresh rate switching.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)0