Is there a way to get the resolution image for all library videos?
Hi there,

My setup:
Kodi Nexus
Windows 11 Pro, latest patch level
16Gb RAM
Intel i5 Gen 11
Intel iris gfx onboard

I just updated to Kodi Nexus, and noticed that now, when I play a video from my library, it shows the resolution of the video file (shown below).

It seems to only do that once I have played the file.

1. Is there a way (or a process) that i can have the resolution displayed for my entire library, without having to manually play every file?
2. I saw mention of an HDR resolution label, does that exist?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Cheers,
Ken

(2023-02-09, 21:41)kenmills Wrote: It seems to only do that once I have played the file.
Using the Kodi scrapers, the resolution is captured in the .nfo as long as you have flagged settings>media>videos>extract video information from files. re: mention of an HDR resolution label, does that exist? I'm sure it does, but it's a new feature which I'm not sure how it works, (hopefully someone will chime in here) but can be accomplished using smart playlists given a title sort.
@PatK  Thanks for the info.  So something like the Universal scraper, will create the NFO files?  Or will just add the resolution to the .nfo file?

I don't currently use nfo files, and some of the resolution tags work, but only once I watch the video.

Cheers,
Ken
They're scanned the first time you view them in your library unless they're DVD, BluRay images in which case you have to play them first.
(2023-02-10, 02:34)kenmills Wrote: So something like the Universal scraper, will create the NFO files?
Yes. But they're internal until you export to separate files; at which point the .nfo is created in the source folder. note: Hitchers exception.
(2023-02-10, 02:34)kenmills Wrote: I don't currently use nfo files
You do... it's just that they are internal to Kodi.
OK thanks guys, I understand the process better now.

I still can't see a way to auto populate the resolution icons unless I scam my entire library with the Universal scraper.  I currently use the TVDB v4 scraper for TV and TMDB for Movies.

Cheers,
Ken
Do you have Extract video information from files enabled in https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...from_files

It's been a while since I've used a skin with those kinds of flags in a list view, but my understanding was that if that setting was enabled then after scraping was initiated then a background process would be run to get all the video details, which depending on the number of items added may take a bit of time to complete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to get the resolution image for all library videos?0