• 5(current)
Android fire tv vs shield tv vs other boxes
as far as simplicity @clarkss12 its been perfect for people who just want to watch their media without administrating it all the time to do so

i will mention i am using jellyfin for a media server so that eases setup of the library side of things

but as far as fixing things - once setup i havent had to touch it, it does what its supposed to without breaking so i can focus on being an admin elsewhere
@jepsizofye  , did you manage to confirm whether the ram is DDR3 or 4 ?
I bought a mini PC to run lebreELEC on but every time I turn the TV off  and then back on , kodi wont boot up , its like its stuck on screensaver mode , just a black scree. So am going to sell the PC and get one of these boxes , but I don't want DDR3 ram.
no i never could confirm memory type/speed @ontap because coreelec doesnt have lshw or dmidecode and im not sure how to get the information otherwise without physically opening the box and checking the chips
I just downloaded an app ( its not in playstore ) called devcheck and installed it on my shield , it gives you all the hardware specs , it tells me the ram size and type . Didn't you say you can boot android on that device ?
nice suggestion
yes i left the android side alone so it is fully usable, i installed this but it only shows me ram usage stats not the type of ram, i even went as far as getting the pro version and still no
Am sure you probably did it but , on mine , scroll down to the box where its showing the ram use and click on it. Image
ah thanks for that now i know i was in the right place
thats where i was but it doesnt show the type line, did some more research and there's also supposed to be a benchmark in that app that i can run but requires pro and somehow the pro version i got doesnt show the benchmark icon

trying to track down a usable version of sysbench for linux, got the archlinux version but it has requires that i cant get onto coreelec
(2023-03-05, 22:02)jepsizofye Wrote: nice suggestion
yes i left the android side alone so it is fully usable, i installed this but it only shows me ram usage stats not the type of ram, i even went as far as getting the pro version and still no

Doesn't AIDA64 show amount and type of Ram. It does on all my Android devices...
If it does not, then the manufacturer did not enter this info in "build.prop" file from where such apps read necessary data. Then you are left with two options:
Install an app (like A1 SD Bench or CPDT Benchmark) that can test Ram speed, and then conclude your RAM type from this table
The other option is opening your box hoping that Ram markings are not scratched Smile
right on ill try those later on and see what turns up

-----

nothing from aida64 so its probably not set in build.prop

a1sdbench works well, report of 3514.75MB/s (pretty sure it means Mb/s) is consistent with ddr4

Can you connect an external hard drive that isn't fat32 format and is just powered via usb with the cube 3rd gen?
(2023-03-06, 21:37)Mckenna90 Wrote: Can you connect an external hard drive that isn't fat32 format and is just powered via usb with the cube 3rd gen?
cube doesnt support EXT or NTFS which is basically anything usable outside of fat32
I was told that the new fire cubes now recognise NTFS is this false?
@Mckenna90  Welcome to the forum. Please do not ask the same questions in multiple duplicate threads. You asked your question in this thread and there is engagement to your query. I have binned the thread you created straight after posting here asking the same question.

For clarification please review the Forum Rules.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thats good news , I wanted that confirming before I shelled out for a box , cheers.
(2023-03-06, 21:50)Mckenna90 Wrote: I was told that the new fire cubes now recognise NTFS is this false?
then why ask again?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv vs shield tv vs other boxes0